4- The Sorting Ceremony

A/N : Hey guys thank you for reading this story, I know it might seem a little boring at the moment but don't worry I got have a lot planned so bear with me. Once again thank you guys ! :)

You made your way inside with the rest of the first years. Then a lady who introduced herself as Professor McGonagall started to talk.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup now-"

"Trevor!" a boy named Neville ran up to grab his toad that he had apparently lost in the train.

"Sorry" he looked at McGonagall who wasn't mad but wasn't happy either.

"The sorting ceremony will begin in a moment." she left. You started to talk to Hermione and Neville when your conversation was cut short by a boy named Draco Malfoy.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter and (y/n) Potter have come to Hogwarts" Everyone started to whisper as they all started to stare at you and Harry.

He introduced himself and his friends and started to taunt Ron for smirking when he introduced himself.

"You'll find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potters." he reached his hand towards the both of you.

"No offense Malfoy but-"

"I think we can tell the wrong sort for ourselves." Harry caught on to what you were going to say but interrupted you.

Just then Professor McGonagall came in and said that they were ready for us to enter. She however stopped you and pulled you aside.

"Miss (y/n) Potter, you will actually wait here until Dumbledore makes an announcement then you'll enter and go straight to the stool to be sorted to your house."

"Oh um okay thank you Professor but um Professor can I wait inside by the door. I would like to see what house my brother gets in. If that's not a problem?"

"Of course dear. You can wait inside."

You waited as Dumbledore started to make some announcements. He was making an announcement when someone bumped into you.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't see you there. Are you okay" asked the boy.

"It's okay don't worry. I'm alright."

"I'm glad you're alright. My name is Cedric Diggory. Hufflepuff, third year."

"I'm (y/n) Potter and I um- still don't know what house I'm in but I'm also in my third year but it's my first year."

"Bloody hell, I've heard about you. Well welcome to Hogwarts. I hope to see you around whether we are in the same or different house" he smiled at you then walked away.

The ceremony had started "When I call your name, you will come forth. I shall place the sorting hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger" From far you can tell she was a bit nervous.

"GRYFFINDOR" said the sorting hat and you cheered as she made her way to the Gryffindor table. McGonagall then called up Draco.

"SLYTHERIN" the hat said as soon as the hat was placed on his head. Then it was Ron's turn and you had a feeling he would be placed in Gryffindor just as his brothers and you were right.