42- The Second Task

"So, how did your Yule Ball experience go, Hermione?" You asked her as she started to prepare for the school day.

"It was amazing until Ronald started going off about me going with Krum."

"I wonder why" you muttered. "I think he could be jealous."

"Jealous? Why would he?"

"Oh, Hermione even Harry can see that you both have it for each other. And you know that Harry is blind," you said in a straightforward response.

"Rubbish. Anywho, how was your Yule Ball experience (y/n)?"

"Oh, I'll answer that question for her," said Ginny, who was just coming out of the bathroom. "I'm sure the time spent in the courtyard with a certain person was amazing, right (y/n)?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about Ginny." When you completed your sentence, you noticed a small smile began to appear on Ginny's face.

"Of course not, " she said. "In any event, I'm going to the Great Hall with Neville. I'll see you later, " she started walking out the door, but before she left, she winked at you.

Hermione, who had been silent the whole time, finally spoke up. "What was that all about?"

"Nothing. Anyway, I'll be with Lee in the library if you need me. Ooh, before I forget, tell Harry to meet me later today in the common room. We need to discuss the second task."

"Well, I will if you tell me who that person was."

"Bye Hermione," you said upon leaving the room. Before you closed the door, you could hear Hermione sigh in disapproval and say, "I guess I'll have to find out for myself."

"Yes you will," you quickly shouted.

On your way to the library, you saw Lee outside the library going from one student to another. But he quickly stopped when he realized you were walking towards him. He did his best to act normally, but he failed utterly. 

"So, what were you trying to do there?" you asked when you caught up with him.

"Nothing, simply nothing"

"Lee, you can lie to everybody besides me," you laughed. "You become nervous whenever you try to lie to me"

"I do not," he responded quickly.

"Alright. Look at my eyes and tell me you're not lying to me. " You challenged

"All right," he began to stare at you, but after ten seconds, he gave up. "I'm not...alright fine I am lying! Darn, you (y/n) you know I can't stand eye contact."

"I know" you grinned. "So what was that all about? You know, going from one student to the next and suddenly stopping when you saw me."

"Well, last night, George walked into our room smiling like an idiot, but he wouldn't tell us what happened. All Fred and I know is that he was in the courtyard with you because he said he was going to speak to you. I was hoping someone else might have seen something, but no one did. My question is, what happened down at the courtyard?" He raised his eyebrow at you.

"As you said, we talked."

"No, no, I know you two spoke, but there was something else. He was a bit too pleased for a "conversation". I asked and he said he would tell me later, but we both know I'm impressed m."

"Well, my dear Lee, you shall have to wait. Come on, we need to study for DADA," you started going to the library, leaving Lee standing there for a couple of seconds.

"Oh come!" shouted Lee, which caused Madam Pince to silence him.

Throughout the study session, Lee sought information from you. It came to the point that Madam Irma Pince had to kick you both from the library. Yet he went on and on trying to get information from you. While you two were returning to the common room, you came across Ron, who told you that they would go to the Three Brooms and come back later.  To Lee's luck, Fred and George were sitting on one of the couches and so naturally he grasped your hand and pulled you towards them.