2- Diagon Alley

"All students must be equipped with one standard size two pewter cauldron and may bring if they desire either an owl, cat, or toad," Harry said out loud as he was reading his letter. You were puzzled as to why you were expected to get different things.

"Hey Hagrid, why isn't my list the same as Harry's?"

"Oh blimey (y/n), I completely forgot to tell you, but you're starting your third year right away, whereas Harry is starting his first."

"Wait, why is that Hagrid?" you asked, a puzzled expression on your face.

"Oh well, it's because you're two years older than Harry, which is why, despite the fact that you're in your first year, you'll be put in the third year. But don't worry, Dumbledore and the Professors will make sure you're up to speed with everything you've missed. So don't be worried (y/n), you'll be fine "he said, smiling at you.

"Hagrid, can we really find all of this in London" As he continued to look at his message, Harry wondered where in London they would sell all of these things.

"Of course, Harry," Hagrid said, "if you look in the right place." Hagrid had led you to the Leaky Cauldron, and as you entered, a man called out to Hagrid.

"The usual, I presume," the man said.

"No thank you. I am on official Hogwarts business, just helping the lovely Potters buy their school supplies."

"Bless my heart, Harry and (Y/N) Potter"

When he said that, the whole pub fell silent and looked at you. You were soon approached by several witches and wizards. They shook your hands and said it was a pleasure to meet you and that they were glad to see you again.

"I can't tell you how happy I am to meet you, Harry and (Y/N) Potter," a man wearing a turban said.

"Professor Quirrell I didn't see you there" As he welcomed the professor, Hagrid explained how he would be our Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. You and Harry both reached out to shake his hand. He, on the other hand, seemed uneasy, which is when Hagrid broke the tension by saying goodbye to the professor.

"See, you two are famous!"

"But, Hagrid, why are we famous? All those people back there, how is it they know who we are?" Harry was the one who asked.

"I'm not exactly sure I'm the right person to tell you a lot" Hagrid then tapped the brick wall, which slid open to reveal a vibrant street. "Welcome to Diagon Alley, Harry, and (Y/N), here you'll find anything you need for school."

Diagon Alley was enormous, with numerous shops selling a wide range of goods. Shops selling robes, telescopes, and strange silver instruments You'd never seen anything like it: windows stacked with barrels of bat spleens and eels' eyes, tottering piles of spell books, quills, and rolls of parchment, potion bottles, and moon globes, to name a few items.

As you walked through and started seeing each shop, you began to wonder how you were going to pay for the necessary supplies.

"But, Hagrid, if we don't have any money, how are we going to afford any of this?"

"Well, there's your money, Gringnotts, the Wizard Bank. T'aint no place safer, 'cept perhaps Hogwarts" Hagrid was quick to respond. When you first walked in, you noticed the elegant chandelier on the ceiling, the gleaming aisles, and what Hagrid described as Goblins working at the desks. Apparently, they were intelligent, but not particularly friendly.

"Mr. Harry Potter and Miss. (Y/n)....Potter wishes to make a withdrawal"

"And does Mr. Harry Potter and Miss. (Y/n) Bl- Potter have their keys"