Chapter 57 - Downloading the Regeneration ability

How can I stay within 20 meters of Dr. Banner for a couple of more minutes?

While pondering, he didn't do any unusual actions but instead walked towards Coulson.

"Mr. Coulson, is the Helicarrier our secret base?" Bruce randomly asked, doing his best to stall for time.

"Yes, how about it, is it an eye-opener?" Coulson laughed, having no suspicions about Bruce's intentions yet.

Bruce was currently 10 meters out, with only two minutes remaining before the download finished. He calculated in his head, while his pace was slow enough that he would make It, Coulson's was quite fast.

"Is this one of our new warplanes? Why haven't I seen it before?" Desperate for time, Bruce suddenly pointed at one of the planes and asked with as much curiosity as he could muster.

Thinking that this was a normal reaction for an agent's first time on the base, Coulson stood next to Bruce and patiently explained.

After Coulson was done, there was only one minute left. For the first time in a long time, Bruce felt that time was moving too slowly, and now he was 15 meters away from Dr. Banner.

At that exact moment, Dr. Banner started pacing around. Seeing that Banner could unintentionally exceed the maximum distance at any time, Bruce broke out in a cold sweat and raised his voice a notch, "Mr. Coulson!"

Seeing that Bruce was acting unusual, Coulson walked up to him in a hurry, "what's wrong with you Bruce?"

Bruce shook his head to reply that he was okay in response, and took a deep breath. From the corner of his eye, he could see that the Captain had started walking towards Banner, and his face changed.

And just then, he heard a familiar voice sound out in his mind.

"Beep, download complete!"

"Beep, congratulations, you have obtained the Regeneration ability!"

When he heard the familiar voice of the system, he completely relaxed, feeling most of his stress drift away. And as if they had staged this whole event, just as he heard the system's messages, Banner walked out of the 20 meter zone.

This was his first scare, per say. He wasn't in any danger, but the feeling of almost having thrown away one million dollars made him feel worse than actually getting stabbed in the heart.

Regardless of that, he quickly moved on from that feeling as he felt that after obtaining the Regeneration ability, every cell in his body was quickly evolving.

This time It was different from before, as previously his genes underwent a kind of fusion, whereas this time, they were really evolving.

His cells, pores and even his hair were all changing. Every cell in his body was currently active, which was an indescribable feeling, especially as he felt it in every single corner of his body.

After the process was finished, Bruce's cells had evolved to an unprecedented state, he felt as if he had endless strength now. This was really a complete evolution for him and It could be seen why these kinds of abilities were called 'Superpowers.'

Since undergoing that evolution, Bruce could now be officially said to have stepped out of a regular human's boundaries, and into something more, perhaps better.

In Bruce's current state, unless his head was cut off or he was blown into a million pieces, he wouldn't die.

Still, It was a bit of a pity that his current Regeneration ability was somewhat inferior to Deadpool and Wolverine's regeneration abilities. Their abilities were truly horrifying if one gave It some serious thought.