Chapter 86: Entering the secret base

But all of this needed to be done slowly, and Bruce was in no rush.

One of his greatest advantages was the fact that he knew exactly how the plot would develop in the future, and with the unlimited download system, he was able to execute his plans and change the plot to his benefit.

After leaving the meeting spot, Bruce returned to the Avengers base.

Because of the increase in his strength, Bruce's status in S.H.I.E.L.D. could be said to be very special. Officially, he was an ordinary agent. However to treat him as one would be disrespectful, as he had the strength of a superhero, and an extremely powerful one at that.

But at the same time, he couldn't be a superhero as he was not among the Avengers. His status was indeed very special, but regardless, level seven and eight agents were very polite when they saw ihm.

Of course Bruce didn't care much about that, because his sights were no longer here.

That night, Bruce did nothing. Instead, he was secretly planning and modifying his plan about the future. In order to succeed when facing powerful organizations like S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA, a slight mistake would result in a massive failure that would ruin his plan.

While he was not afraid of his plans being revealed because he wasn't bothered by the S.H.I.E.L.D. or HYDRA's power, he was worried that he would no longer be able to speed up the plot as much as he wanted.

After all, from the "The Avengers" to "Avengers: Infinity War", the plot according to the movies would go on for several years, and Bruce didn't want to wait that long.

Early the next morning, someone knocked on Bruce's door. When he opened the door, he saw an agent that he was not familiar with.

But he did recognize him, it was one of the agents who was with Pierce that night.

"Mr. Bruce, come with me." The agent said respectfully.

He was a level seven agent at S.H.I.E.L.D. But before this, even in front of a level 9 agent like Hill, he would not show much respect since he was one of Pierce's men.

But what Bruce did yesterday revealed how overbearing he was when he directly trashed five of their elites even when he knew their identity. Since he couldn't guarantee that Bruce wouldn't do that to him for not giving him respect, he chose to bow his head.

Upon hearing his words, Bruce nodded and followed him out. Soon after, they boarded a helicopter in the Avengers airport and directly left.

After flying for three hours, they arrived at a private airport.

...

Before arriving at that Secret base, Bruce had changed planes three times and used five types of transportation.

During this period of time, Bruce's eyes were blindfolded. Based on this, one could imagine the importance of this base. These actions also meant that Pierce didn't fully trust him, otherwise he wouldn't do this to a person with Bruce's status.

Sadly for them however, they didn't know that Bruce had Spider Telepathy, which meant that he could 'see' his surroundings even without visual sight.

While entering the base, Bruce had secretly memorized the specific location of this base. And after a full day of travel, Bruce took the last helicopter and arrived at a mountain.

This was somewhere in northern Europe, it was covered in snow all year round and it looked like a vast expanse of whiteness, making it difficult for people to recognize where it was.

It was only when midnight arrived, that Bruce finally saw a villa on the mountain peak. In fact, it was more like a fortress than a villa.

Around this villa, there were many fortresses and trenches, extending thousands of meters around. This place was extremely tightly guarded, making it a relative dead-zone.

As long as someone approached the ten-kilometer range of this place, they would be discovered immediately, and dealt with appropriately.

In the surroundings of the fortress, there were all types of radar equipment that covered the surrounding aviation field. Around the main base, there were also several layers of tight grids.

Bruce speculated that this place should be where the first starting battles between Germany and the Soviet Union during World War II had taken place. This was basically a war military base. Even the military bases of some weak countries were inferior to this place.

The defensive power of the Ten Rings organization was almost nothing compared to this place. It was no wonder that HYDRA could exist for so long.

After half an hour of rigorous inspection, Bruce finally entered the range of the main base.

"Stop!" At this moment, a guard leader stopped Bruce.

"I need to examine the things on you." He looked straight at Bruce, a chill in his eyes.

But Bruce didn't mind, and let him check his belongings. After all, except for some flying knives and guns, Bruce had no special items.

After the inspection, he finally officially entered the main base. After which, he was arranged a room, and the others left.

It was worth saying that the entire room was filled with surveillance equipment. Any movement he made would be discovered and analyzed by HYDRA.

Upon seeing all this, Bruce didn't think much. He looked at the huge mirror on the wall, and a smile formed on his face.

Behind the mirror, five people stood next to a door, and two of them seemed to be heads. One of them was a bald man with glasses, while the other one was an old man, whose eyes shone with wisdom.

The bald man was the current leader of HYDRA, Wolfgang von Strucker, also known as Baron Strucker. While the white old man was the chief scientist of HYDRA, Doctor List.

"He saw us," Doctor List said.

Behind the mirror, Bruce's expression was quite calm, but Baron Strucker didn't say anything to him.

"He was recommended by Pierce and should be no problem," Doctor List said.

"Pierce said he has superpowers and he has trained Rogers in the past?" The Baron coldly said. As he looked in Bruce's eyes he hoped to find something, but he discovered nothing.

"Yes, we have also investigated him, and he is indeed no problem. But I have never seen this person in HYDRA's file." Doctor List said.

While he said that, they could also not prove that Bruce was not a member of HYDRA. The reason for this, was that in the battle seventy years ago, they had suffered heavy losses, and those who survived had either hidden themselves or returned.

Even if he was old and capable, he was still not able to distinguish if Bruce's identity was real or fake.

"The powers of those twins are very unstable at the moment, we need ot hurry up," said the Baron. Following which he walked into the room and towards Bruce.

Upon seeing him, Bruce calmly looked at him and didn't speak.

"Hello!" The Baron greeted Bruce warmly, a complete opposite of the way he was looking at Bruce just seconds before.

Bruce knew him and instantly recognized him, this man was one of the current top leaders of HYDRA. It could definitely be said that the Baron was the most important person within HYDRA with the addition of the Red Skull.

This meant that this secret base was the real HQ of HYDRA, and not just an important hideout.