Chapter 85: Controlling the situation

Seeing that Bruce had stopped, Pierce released a sigh of relief. The HYDRA organization had been established long ago, and even though it had infiltrated many organizations, they still didn't dare act too openly, as they were enemies with S.H.I.E.L.D.

That was especially the case now, as the current S.H.I.E.L.D. was a lot more powerful than say 5 years ago. This big increase in strength was mainly because they now had the Avengers group, which meant that they would win any head-on battle with any organization.

Nonetheless, even under such circumstances HYDRA was still trying its best to find a solution, otherwise they could only wait and perish.

"Speak, and I'll see if I'm interested," Bruce said.

Whether it be HYDRA or S.H.I.E.L.D. they both had to pay attention to Bruce's emotions now if they wanted him to do something for them, as even S.H.I.E.L.D. couldn't force him.

Currently, he was waiting to see what Pierce wanted him to do. If he merely wanted him to perform a terrorist attack, then he would just decline straight away.

Pierce ordered his men to dispose of those people who had been maimed by Bruce. And since those people were no longer of any use to him, he would naturally throw them away without any hesitation.

Pierce looked at Bruce and slowly said, "S.H.I.E.L.D. has just made a team of powerful people with superpowers called the Avengers, but you already know of this. With that said, we need to come up with some countermeasures."

Pierce made his intentions as direct as he could, but Bruce already knew of HYDRA's current situation, and he knew it very well. With the appearance of Iron Man, Hulk and the others, HYDRA was truly facing an impossible crisis. Every single one of the Avengers were incomparably powerful, and not something they could deal with.

Amongst them was even the Thor, a well known myth-like existence.

If HYDRA wanted to survive for a longer period of time, they had to train some of their own people who could fight against these avengers. That was easier said than done however, as under normal circumstances, it would be impossible.

However now, there was one special method to resolve their predicament.

"They are unable to threaten me." Bruce said, it seemed that he didn't have any interest in Pierce's words.

HYDRA obviously wanted their own people to master some powerful superpowers, so that they could face the Avengers head-on.

"You know of Loki's scepter, right?" At this moment, Pierce leisurely said, intending to see how Bruce replied.

Upon hearing those words, Bruce slightly narrowed his eyes, his expression a little shocked. He managed to figure out what Pierce was referring too, but he still had to seem like he was completely unaware of it.

"I know of it, but Loki's scepter was taken away by S.H.I.E.l.D. What do you mean by this?" Bruce pretended that he didn't know anything more regarding this, and that was within Pierce's expectations.

"Yes, it was taken away by the top brass of S.H.I.E.L.D. But to be more precise, It was I who took it." Pierce smiled while he was saying that, seemingly very proud of his action and at the same time showing Bruce how influential he was within S.H.I.E.L.D.

Without waiting for another question from Bruce, Pierce continued.

"I put it in a very safe place. But this scepter has a special ability, and if we can use it correctly, we will be able to create people who could rival Hulk. We'll call these people the Supermen!" Upon hearing those words, Bruce got the point.