Chapter 83: Pierce's message

If everything went like it should have, the Iron Man III plot would still be going on, and wouldn't finish for a long time.

However a variable had appeared, and it's name was Bruce. He advanced every plot by a decent margin, and for Bruce, this meant that he no longer needed to completely go with the flow as he had originally done.

This was only so for the time being, as Bruce was still relatively early into the plot. However in the future, he would be able to fully control the plot and do whatever he wanted without consequences.

However what disappointed Bruce a little was that after the end of Iron Man III's plot, the system had not given him a new function. But while he was a tad disappointed, he could still understand.

If he wanted the system to open up more and more powerful functions, he needed to complete tasks related to the real plot, and not short plots with relatively no meaning. Besides, the current functions of the system were more than enough for him to do many things.

Soon after, Bruce returned to Avengers Base.

At this moment, the Avengers Base had many agents on guard duty, yet no superheroes. It made sense if one thought about it, the superheroes such as Captain America were the S.H.I.E.L.D. 's trump card.

Wherever there was a major accident, the Avengers would be dispatched. So naturally, they wouldn't use their trump card for guard duty.

As for Bruce, he no longer had to obey S.H.I.E.L.D.'s orders. This was of course, because Bruce was strong enough. If it was anyone else, they would have long since been kicked out as an example to the others.

Just as Bruce entered the Avenger base, Fury walked in his room.

"I've received news that the Ten Rings headquarters has been destroyed and Mandarin has also died." Fury looked at Bruce, a tad surprised.

This was because he had never given Bruce such an order, he had only wanted Bruce to bring Iron Man back.

And yet unexpectedly, Bruce had directly wiped out the Ten Rings in their entirety, which was way beyond his expectations. For such a large organization to be destroyed in such a short amount of time, was truly surprising, as even S.H.I.E.L.D. themselves didn't know the location of their headquarters.

At this moment, Bruce was even more mysterious to Fury than he already was.

"Stark will be back soon. He's fine." Of course, Bruce knew what Fury was concerned about. It was mainly about Stark's safety.

Upon hearing Bruce's reply, Fury stopped saying anything else. Before this, the moment Bruce told him everything related to Parker, he already knew that he wouldn't be able to control him.

This was especially the case now that Pierce had set his eyes on Bruce, tying Fury's hands even more. He had absolutely zero control over Bruce, as if he attempted to force Bruce to do anything, it would only backfire.

"Go and have a good rest. I'll take care of matters now." After saying that, Fury immediately left.

The Ten Rings organization had had a great relationship with HYDRA, and Fury had wanted to find out something from this event. He had even suspected that there were HYDRA undercover agents inside of S.H.I.E.L.D.

But he couldn't be certain, so for the time being, he wouldn't let anything that was related to HYDRA go easily. However, Fury would never have imagined that his immediate superior, the former director, would actually be a member of the HYDRA.

And regarding this, Bruce would naturally not tell him.

After that, Bruce returned to his room and opened his system panel.