Chapter 52 - The beginning of the plot

The agents with Bruce were all only level 4 or 5. All the top agents went with Zoe in their attempt to support the director, Nick Fury.

Everyone moved. And as the commander, Bruce had two big helicopters. Soon, the helicopter's door opened.

Meanwhile at this time, the whole ground was sinking in some other area in New York, followed by the screaming of the crowd. The ground was covered with debris, and the police were evacuating the crowd out from the area.

In the dark of night, in the sky, four helicopters were chasing their enemy. And in a car, a long haired man that wore a green robe was just sitting there, looking extremely evil.

Just his body had revealed a tremendous power, not to mention his other aspects. This kind of power did not belong to a human from Earth.

This person was immortal as far as all types of bullets came, and even to other superheroes, his body seemed almost invulnerable. He was holding a spear inlaid with a blue energy stone.

And on the blue energy stone, a terrifying force was gathering, flashing a dazzling light. In front of him there were four cars acting as meatshields and leading the way.

Dr. Erik Selvig and Hawkeye were sitting in one of those cars, looking very calm. But there was a strange blue light in their eyes that almost seemed unnoticeable.

It was obvious to S.H.I.E.L.D. however, that both of them as well as the men in the cars were controlled by something. Nonetheless, not far behind those cars, the four helicopters were still in pursuit.

All four of them were equipped with large caliber machine guns, but the man in green was not moved in the slightest. The man was after all, the evil god Loki, the king of Asgard, the son of Odin, and the brother of Thor.

Meanwhile, inside of one of the helicopters, S.H.I.E.L.D. Director Nick Fury was shooting from one of the machine guns.

The two sides were constantly fighting, but Hawkeye and Loki were way too powerful. Fury and his agents had no superpowers to speak of, which made them very passive.

"Coulson, how much longer?" Fury said in the intercom.

"Soon sir, I have already informed the base."

After that, Nick Fury put down the intercom and continued to fight with Loki and co.

"The Tesseract must not be taken away by them!"

Over the years, the Tesseract had been kept by S.H.I.E.L.D. and Fury knew the power it held very well. Because of this, no matter what, he had to recapture it.

But currently, there were in an unfavorable state in their fight against Loki, even if their firepower was very fierce.

Meanwhile on the other side, Bruce had found Coulson's group. They were moving extremely fast, but in the end, it had been doomed to fail from the start.

"Sir, the Director's helicopter has been hit by the enemy!" Inside one of the helicopters, the aviator looked at Bruce and said.

Sure enough. Although some details had changed a little in the Marvel Universe because of his crossover, the general trend of major events was still the same. In the next part, Fury would officially begin the Avengers plan.

Soon, Bruce met up with Coulson.

"Bruce, are you on vacation?" Coulson asked, anxiousness showing on his face. Currently, Fury's life or death was unknown, so he had a right to be worried.

"Regarding this, what more can I do?" Bruce replied, and Coulson nodded.

"Sir, can you hear me?" Coulson shouted again to Fury's intercom.

"The Tesseract has been taken away by the enemy," from the other side of the intercom came Fury's voice.

"Many people are still under the secret base, but the ground has collapsed. What should we do, sir?" From the other side, Hill said.

At this time, there were some agents that had arrived at Fury's location, but it was still impossible to catch up with Loki.

"Coulson, you will immediately go back to the base and pull the level 7 alarm. The war has started."

Nick Fury gave the highest order, and whether it be Hill or Coulson, both of them had a solemn expression on their face. This thing appeared to be far more serious than they had thought.

"Copy that sir, our men have arrived, I will begin to prepare." After saying that, Coulson ignored everyone else and shut down the intercom.

Bruce stood aside and said nothing from beginning to end. The secret base where S.H.I.E.L.D. had been studying the Tesseract had become nothing more than a ruin. This time around, S.H.I.E.L.D. had really suffered some heavy losses.

Under the secret base, there were still many elite agents buried, but it was unknown just how many of them were still alive.

Coulson sighed slightly as he realized the seriousness of the matter. They were going to start the other plan after all.

"Bruce follow me, everyone else, returns the base, now." Coulson ordered and everyone began to move.

In the car, Coulson sat beside Bruce, the solemn expression still on his face: "Bruce, the war has begun."

Bruce nodded, he had long been prepared for this. While they were returning, Coulson had made several calls and had arranged some things. But Bruce did not care, he remained quiet.

He had no need to say anything, because he was already very clear on what they were going to do.

Soon after, everyone returned to the base. Fury had yet to show up, but Bruce knew that the plan should have already begun.

Coulson took Bruce to his office, then took out a phone and began to dial. "I know you are on the third floor, Selunschi, there are four F22 fighters, eight miles away. Now let that woman listen, or I will blow you."

Soon after, he spoke again: "Hurry back to the base, the situation is very urgent, Barton is being controlled by something." After saying that, Coulson waited for a few minutes.

Bruce had been staying behind Coulson from beginning to end. Of course he already knew who Coulson was talking to, so he had no need to eavesdrop.

Soon after, Coulson hung up the phone and turned to Bruce. "Bruce, I will take you to your new task, and don't ask. You will know what it is when you get there. First, I will take you to meet someone."

Coulson's tone was extremely serious, so Bruce knew who he was referring to. But to keep up appearances, he still asked: "Who?"

Coulson smiled, walked up to Bruce and patted his shoulder. "Stark Industrial Group Chairman, playboy, billionaire, Iron Man, or better yet, Tony Stark!"

Hearing this, a glimmer appeared in Bruce's eyes. He had been waiting for this moment for a long time.