Chapter 76: Obtaining HYDRA's trust

After that sentence came out of Bruce's mouth, everyone in the room froze in place. Even Pierce was shocked silly and couldn't help but take another look at Bruce.

While all of them were indeed HYDRA agents, their identity was top secret. Only the men in their group knew that they existed, so how could a mere agent of SHIELD know information that even the Director of SHIELD didn't know?

The men beside Pierce had all been arranged by himself, so he could be absolutely sure that no one knew of their existence.

Even HYDRA's forces that were still active in the outside world didn't know that they had people undercover in S.H.I.E.L.D. and yet this Bruce had been able to decipher it.

He had even figured out their code, which was 'Hail HYDRA'.

S.H.I.E.L.D. was HYDRA's greatest nemesis, and they had irreconcilable contradictions. But despite that, Bruce's previous performance had demonstrated his abilities and they desperately wanted him, so they took the risk this time around and made their move.

But him saying 'Hail HYDRA' had really surprised them. One of the agents instantly activated the elevator's emergency system, and after a short pause, all of them stared at Bruce.

All of their previous actions had been very cautious, that was one of the reasons they were able to operate in S.H.I.E.L.D. in secret for so long without being detected.

"Who are you?!" Pierce's eyes revealed his murderous intentions.

He had been operating in S.H.I.E.L.D. for a very long time, and he had never been doubted. This was due to his cautiousness, as his identity was of great importance to HYDRA.

"Mr. Pierce, you know the answer to that question, so I can only say so much. As for your previous actions, I believe you should understand my position now right? The organization has its own plans, and all you have to do is obey."

Bruce's expression was very relaxed while saying this, as if he was not afraid of being attacked at all.

Since these people had been able to hide in S.H.I.E.L.D. for so long, that was proof that none of them were idiots. HYDRA was a very close-knit secretive organization, and even their own members didn't know who was who, as long as they weren't on the same mission.

But while this was a risk in itself, it was also because of this that HYDRA had been able to exist for such a long time.

"Can I really trust you?" Pierce asked. In fact, he had already subconsciously begun to believe Bruce.

After all, they had not revealed their identity but Bruce had still said the secret code, meaning that Bruce knew exactly who they were.

With that, Bruce had not really revealed them, but had instead 'revealed' his own identity, thereby showing that he was a member of their organization.

While he was inclined to believe Bruce, he still couldn't get careless, so he could only ask Bruce this way.

"Whether you trust me or not, that is for you to decide. As for whether you can get my help or not, that also depends solely on your decision. But regardless of that, if we stay here for much longer, there will be problems." Afterwards, Bruce pointed to the monitor on the elevator.

At this time, the agent who had pressed the emergency button before had closed it. The elevator's monitor only had a video function, which meant that their previous conversation wasn't recorded.

The video function of the elevator could also be turned off after pressing the emergency button again. And as this was Pierce's exclusive elevator, he had the highest authority.