Chapter Forty

Nipsey|Ermias

Nipsey|Ermias

"Nancy suffered a stroke from a blood clot that formed in her frontal right lobe"

I held Boog's hand while they received the news on what happened to Nanny. I could tell that Boog was here physically but mentally she wasn't present.

"Doc, my wife may take a few medications for small things but this is out of left field, how could we miss her having a blood clot on the brain wouldn't she be acting funny?"

" No sir, unfortunately a lot of times blood clots do go undetected especially in Nancy's circumstances because we believe they began somewhere else in her body but traveled to her brain"

Rambo rubbed his bald head stressfully, I rubbed Boog's back leaning into her.

"Boog, you aight?

Her eyes stared off at the wall in the doctors office, the kids sat in the back of the room with headphones on so they wouldn't hear any of what we were speaking on.

"Can she bounce back from this?" Rambo questioned not knowing how bad shit was.

" Unfortunately with how severe the stroke was Nancy will never fully be one hundred percent herself-"

Unexpectedly Boog body slid out of the chair onto the carpeted floor face down, her sobs filling the room.

"Ohhhhhh" She groaned out like she was in pain physically, I knelt down on the floor resting my hand on her back.

"Kid, don't do this you killing me"

Rambo sniffed rubbing her hair, I couldn't imagine how she felt I didn't even wanna think about if something like this ever happened to my granny.

"This is her granddaughter?"

"Yeah, she was hoping for some good news" I spoke up.

"With extensive physical and speech therapy I think she can continue on living her usual life with slight hiccups"

"You hear that kid? She gonna be just fine" The good news didn't do a thing for Boog she still laid on the floor soaking up the carpet with her tears.

" I did thisss"

I could understand how from her point of view she thought that she had caused this with everything that had happened earlier in the day but this shit seemed like something that was bound to happen regardless if it was

"How London? unless yo name is blood clot you ain't had no play in this, shit was out of all of our hands and blaming yourself ain't gonna help get yo Nann back on her feet"

Boog sobs slowed and she slowly hiccuped trying to catch her breath, Rambo continued to rub her hair consoling her from the floor, I decided to hit up Sammy to get the kids because they didn't need to witness any of this.