Chapter Twenty Three

London|Boog

I was up bright and early in my hotel room in Malibu doing hair for a wedding party, my feet ached and I was becoming sleepy

" How far along?" The brides mother Michele handed me a bottle of orange juice and a ziplock bag of pretzels.

" Thank you, almost three months"

" And you been on your feet all this morning"

Michele pulled up at a chair patting it, my feet felt so much better once I sat down.

" Haylie can you get the spare bridesmaid slippers for our lovely hair and make up stylist"

" Oh no don't worry I'll be fi-

" I have seven kids, I know what I'm doing just relax "

Everyone's hair was done all I had to do was complete the brides make up after she got into her wedding dress.

" Look at your poor ankles" They were swollen and I knew I was breaking rules by not resting in bed like the doctor ordered me.

" Once I'm done I'll elevate them"

I sighed standing up to do the brides make up, putting hand sanitizer on my hands I set up the make up brushes.

" Should we call someone to pick you up after ?"

" Oh no that's not necessary, I have this room booked for another night so I'll be going straight to bed literally"

Michele looked on at me concerned , I gave her a small nod and smile to reassure her I was okay.

If Nipsey found out about this he would have shut shit down and hired someone else to finish the job.

" For all your hard work this weekend, just a little token of appreciation"

The bride handed me an envelope that had so much money in it, it wouldn't even close.

" You already paid me though"

" We know but all of us really enjoyed you and wanted to give you an extra gift especially since we know now you are expecting"

I accepted the money and already knew I would put towards purchasing my salon in Crenshaw.

" Thank you all for hiring me, I appreciate it"

All the women left out my room besides Michele who stuck back to make sure I was going straight into the bed.

" Shouldn't you be going down for the wedding?"

" it doesn't start for another half an hour I won't be missing anything, you sure you don't want me to call anybody for you?" She pressed like she knew I wanted someone here with me.

" I want my boyfriend but we are on a break, so yeah" I popped my lips cleaning up my make up.

" Ahhh a break my husband I tried that with our first before we were married, one piece of advice from a woman married for thirty years"