Chapter Twenty Nine

Boog|London

Boog|London

"Ma'am I just want to double check, you want your rape kit opened and DNA tested but not have it reported to law enforcement?"

I rubbed my forehead and bounced my leg becoming impatient with the tech at the lab that held my rape kit.

"Yes for now, I would like to know who raped me so I can have the right person charged, how long will it take to get those results back?"

"We already have this person on file after testing it when the kit was first submitted"

"Why wasn't I notified of this?"

I had in my mind that Keenon was the one who took advantage of me but when I saw him at the park his aura screamed innocent.

"Because like now you weren't sending the kit to law enforcement our company policy is not to disclose this information unless it's being reported to the police because we don't want victims to take matters into their own hands"

"So you are telling me the only way I can find out is if I send it off to the police?"

I didn't want this type of attention or want to go through a trial, what if whoever raped me got off? I could imagine being sued for defamation or trying to cause me harm. I couldn't put my unborn in danger.

"Yes ma'am"

"This fucking sucks" I was so defeated and upset that I would possibly have to live with the unknown about my rape.

"However ma'am there is a way to work the system, you didn't hear this from me but if you report the person to get their identity you can always immediately go to the precinct and drop the charges"

"O-okay, I'll do that then"

The line was dead silent all I could hear was my heart beating in my ears waiting on the technician to read off the name.

"The DNA shows that it belongs to a man named Brent Carter"

The phone slipped out of my hand crashing to the floor, I grabbed for the table becoming light headed.

"Mom are you okay?"

"I'm calling my dad" Emani shouted running back to her room.

I tried slowing my breathing and sitting down into a chair, Kameron dashed to the fridge getting a water bottle opening it and handing it to me.

"Dad, something is wrong with Miss London she looked like she was going to pass out"

This was bad all around, it was Kameron's father what would it do to him if his father went to jail for this or even worse killed by a hit put out on him by Hussle? I started catching another dizzy spell.

"Mommy!" Kameron cried pushing his small body up against me to stop me from falling out of the chair.

"Dad drive fast she's falling out!"