Chapter Thirty One

Boog|London

Boog|London

"Did I do something wrong?"

This was the last thing I wanted Kameron to think while I delivered this news to him with Hussle along side me for emotional support.

"No Kam you haven't done anything wrong, I want to speak to you about something important"

"It feels like it's bad" He sat on the couch across from me with his hands folded in his lap.

" Kameron it's about your dad"

I chewed on my bottom lip seeing the fear in his eyes, Kameron looked at me and over to Hussle for someone to speak up.

"Mom, what's wrong with my dad?" I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Your dad was in an accident"

I had to lie, I couldn't deliver the real news to my nine year old it would hurt and confuse him too badly.

"Where is he?" Kameron voice shook still looking in between Hussle and myself.

"Kameron your dad passed away"

His shoulders drooped and his head hung but no tears fell, he just stared at the floor.

"Oh"

"I'm so sorry Kam, I knew how much you loved your dad"

I got up to hug him, he still didn't cry and he showed no signs of being on the verge of crying.

"Can I go to my room? I just wanna lay down"

"Yeah you can, if you need anything Kam just come to me or Hussle we are here for you, you aren't alone"

"Thanks" He whispered dragging his feet to his bedroom, closing the door behind him.

"He didn't react the way I thought he would babe"

"He's hurt Boog he just wants to keep his strong face on when he's in front of you, my little homie knows if you see him cry you will cry"

It was true I had prepared myself to break down with a crying Kameron in my arms until he cried himself to sleep.

"What should I do? I don't want him to go through this alone"

"Some people are okay wit processing loss alone but if it make you feel better I'll check on him and take him out to make sure he's straight "

"You would do that?" Hussle scrunched his face up at me.

"Why wouldn't I? he's my son's brother so he's family to me and I look out for family"

I smiled struggling to get off the couch with my stomach growing even more, Hussle stood taking my hands and pulling me to my feet.

"You make me emotional saying stuff like that"

"You gonna be my wife soon, so your family is gonna be mine and vise versa" I hugged his waist smiling up at him.