Chapter Seven

Nipsey H

Nipsey H.

I sat on my bed in the early hours of the morning reading Jonah Berger's Contagious taking notes for many of my future business plans.

London (4:30 a.m.)- Are you up?

I read London's text not replying and hitting call to see what was going on with her and why she was up so early.

"I hope I didn't wake you I'm having trouble sleeping" She spoke with a groggy voice.

" Got to eliminate da caffeine in ya life"

" I don't think it's the coffee, I've been like this since I got back here and it's taking a toll on me"

London sounded stressed and that was the main cause of insomnia, I pulled my laptop up on the bed with me.

" Pack you a overnight bag, I'm sending you an Uber now"

" Are you sure?" I closed my book sitting on the nightstand beside me.

"If I wasn't sure I wouldn't be sending you an Uber now get off da phone and go pack call me when you pull up"

I got up off my bed putting on my slippers and a t-shirt heading to my kitchen to get some Sleepy Time Chamomile tea set up for London.

London had me doing shit I ain't never did for no other woman besides my mom, spraying lavender aromatherapy spray around my place to help ease her into sleep, I knew how important that shit was to be productive.

London ( 4:50 a.m.)- I'm in the Uber

A nigga looked dumb as hell pacing the floor waiting on London to arrive, I was acting like we just ain't see each other a couple of hours ago on our date. I hated to admit it but Emani was right I needed this type of happiness.

London ( 5:06 a.m.)- I'm outside

Rushing to my front door, I met London halfway down the driveway taking her duffle bag from her.

" Thank you, I'm so exhausted" The dark circles under her eyes confirmed how tired she was.

" I like dis look on you"

London wore a cropped hoodie over a purple satin night gown that almost reached her knee and some furry ass purple slippers.

" Don't be smart I know look fucking crazy"

" Nah you look good you know I like dat bare face simple clothes look on you" London blushed stepping inside my home.

"Wow this is nice I'm surprised with all the money you seem to have that you decided to stay in Crenshaw"

" While I'm trying to improve my neighborhood I want to be in hands reach and show my people I'm wit dem, how I'm gonna do dat living in da hills?"