Chapter Thirteen

London N

London N.

I followed him.

Closely, very closely.

From school to the run down home he entered, then back out he ran with a basketball down the street leaving the front door open.

" Just one minute" I told myself rushing to the front door and going inside to look around.

" All the money I sent"

The past 8 years I had sent well over a million dollars to Brent, it was heartbreaking to see my baby living in this type of filth when his dad could have moved to Baldwin Hills and gotten a decent home.

" My poor baby" I cried seeing empty rooms and nothing but a pissy mattress on the floor with pictures Kameron had drawn along the walls.

Tears flowed down my face looking around his room.

No dresser

No clothes

No light

How could Brent do our baby like this? I left out of his room going to the kitchen, their fridge was empty beside the exception of beer and brown liquor.

Fucking alcoholic just like his mom was.

Click

The sound of a gun being cocked caught my attention I raised my hands slowly up in the air.

" I don't know who da fuck you are but you need to get da fuck outta my house"

Thump thump thump

My heart rate sped up hearing the familiar voice, I turned slowly around with my hands still raised to the sky.

" London?" Brent leaned forward squinting, we were ten feet apart and I could smell the alcohol coming off of him.

" Yeah it's me Brent"

He laughed putting the gun down and tucking it in his waistband. I prayed silently it would go off and but a bullet in him.

" Fuck you doing in my house"

" Kameron-

" He ain't none of ya concern so go ahead and run back off to Hollywood and we missing a few checks"

Brent brushed past me and I tensed up just being frightened to be around him, he went into the fridge grabbing a beer.

" What happened to all of the money I gave to you to take care of our son, Why is he living like this?"

" Shit I don't know" Brent was so careless I should've known he would blow through the money.

" I saw Kameron and he was dirty and hungry"

" He's a boy they always get dirty and be hungry" Brent shrugged his shoulders sipping his beer.

" It's time for me to get my son back Brent"