Chapter Thirty Eight

London|Boog

"Where you headed to?"

I was inside my car talking to Nip through the Bluetooth, just dropping Kam and Kross to Nanny's for a little while I went out to handle some things.

"Baldwin Hills"

"What you going out there for?" Ever since we went through our last huge fight over me keeping things a secret I made it my mission to always be straightforward and honest with Nip.

"I found my mother's address and I'm going to go see her today"

There was a silence on the other end of the phone, I didn't think going alone was a bad idea after talking with Nann to see if I should take someone with me.

"Why you ain't tell me before hand? I don't care if she seem like a changed woman that's still the lady that killed your pops"

I put on my shades pulling down the visor inside of my car to shield the bright sun from eyes while I drove.

"I didn't want you to worry and it wasn't going to be a secret, I informed both Nann and Rambo of where I was headed address and all-

"But you back to not telling me anything?" I sighed, it wasn't purposely done. It was more so a bad habit I was trying to get rid of.

"I didn't purposely withhold this from you Hussle, we have come too far for me to revert back to my old ways"

"So now that I know, you gonna let me pull up in the cut to make sure everything is cool?"

"I have zero problems with that babe but the only rule I have is don't approach unless I take over thirty minutes and don't approach unless I send out a text saying I need you" I tried to think positive thoughts about this visit, the last thing I wanted was to have a shootout between me, my mother and future husband in Baldwin Hills.

"My one rule is that you stay in the car and wait for me to get there so I can make sure you strapped right before you go demanding answers or whatever you plan on doing"

What did I have plan for my mother? with the information I had now on her I was fighting between being peaceful and dog walking her ass through her house.

"I'm fine with that

I wanted answers from her, some sort of closure for the open wounds and trauma I suffered growing up, did she really love my dad or was everything just apart of her plan and it got sexual then I came into the picture complicating things?

A part of me wanted the story of her killing him to be a lie and the other part of me just wanted the truth and to close this chapter in my life and move on.

"Next time you making a move that could potentially lead to you being hurt, you need to sit down with me first so I can put in place people and a plan to keep you protected"