Chapter Three

London N

London N.

I had such a dark past that when I got the chance to leave Crenshaw I took it for many reasons including :

My safety

Money

Fame

I never thought in a million years I would have to return here and especially not for this reason. I looked down at the paper with directions on it.

"3526,3526"

I repeated the address looking at the houses I passed by, I slowed up seeing grill smoke and heard loud music blasting from the address I had written down.

"It still looks the same"

The smell and sound was nostalgic, the man waved at me with a huge smile on his face. I looked behind me because I didn't have a clue who he was.

"Nanny she here!"

The man yelled, I could see my grand mother Nancy "Nanny" Sayers dashed down her porch opening the metal fence she looked just as young as she did when I left nine years ago.

"Lonny"

Nanny's hair was still that beautiful royal blue with pin curls and her bottom row of teeth were covered with a gold grill, she was only in her early 60's but she could hang with women my age.

"How did you know?" I hugged her smelling the Juicy Couture perfume that I loved to use when I was in high school.

"Streets be talking you should know dat"

"Nanny, you know I want to apolo-

She held up her hand showing off her long blue acrylic nails and a shiny ring on her ring finger that was new.

"I don't want to hear dat shit , money talk and bullshit walk and from what I recall I got money sent to me every month"

My grandmother was no ordinary woman, she was a former member of the Rollin' 60s Crips and ran the streets with the toughest of gangsters which earned her respect in the streets of South Central.

"I'm sorry it stop coming" I hung my head in shame, my Nanny took my chin lifting my head up.

"My house paid off, Nanny straight cuz' of you stop assuming I'm mad"