Chapter Thirty Seven

London|Boog

"You both have the option of in house catering from the venue you chose which is Vabriana Cathedral"

"What that consist of cause I don't want no boujie ass plate of food?"

Hussle and I were seated outside of our wedding venue with our wedding planner and Hussle's good friend Karen Civil having lunch and awaiting the cakes that were going to be tested by us.

"Yeah so typically they have Chef Neal Fraser from the Iron Chef on the Food Network catering and his food is pretty high scale"

"Nah I wanna eat good with my family and my niggas, I ain't putting out a whole bunch of money for little ass plate of food"

"I'm with Hussle on this, I want something filling and enough to allow our family to pack up plates if they want"

"Exactly, see that's why we getting married" Even after more than a year he could still make me blush, Karen jotted down notes.

"What kind of cuisine are going for? Like are we honoring your home country Nip and having Eritrean dishes?"

"That would be dope for my side of the family but I don't know if her family and some of my niggas get down with that type of food"

"Maybe we can come up with a list of comfort foods, I want our wedding to be fancy but also I want it to be chill and fun, nothing uptight just our families coming together and vibing"

"I like that Boog and we definitely got to have an open bar and bartender"

"Definitely alcohol"

Karen wrote quickly while we went through the books she provided of color schemes for our wedding, because my fiancé was footing the bill I felt like he should make most of the decisions on our big day.

"Will we need to put together like a proposal gift to ask friends and family to be groomsmen and bridesmaids?"

"What you mean?"

"Babe that's like having a box put together with like a small bottle of liquor and cigar to ask your boys if they would be your groomsmen" Hussle shook his head chuckling.

"It sound cool and all but I don't know about all that, I'll leave that up to you Boog cause I don't have any idea how to put that together"

"Karen could you create groomsmen boxes with a flask and a few rolled blunts using Marathon OG marijuana and for me boxes with purple flask and edibles?"

"Yeah, what Boog said"

The cakes came out for us and this was the most exciting part for me because I loved sweets. Karen held the menu to tell us which was which.

"This is the Tiramisu wedding cake" I danced in my seat digging into the sample slice with my spoon looking over to Hussle who was shaking his head at the cake.