Chapter Twenty Six

Boog|London

" How much dis gonna run us?"

Sam questioned the realtor we had contacted about a building we were interested in to open up our combined salons.

"fifty thousand"

"Damn" We both mumbled thinking of how much we had saved together.

" This building would be perfect"

The old warehouse had two floors and a functioning elevator to get you to the second floor, it was the ideal place for Sam and I to open our combined hair salon and skin care spa in South Central.

"We don't even have half yet saved up for that Sam, maybe we are jumping into this too quickly"

"I can't pass dis place up Boog it's for us, maybe we can go to E about dis and see if he would spot us the money"

I scoffed shaking my head, even if I was in desperate need I wouldn't go to Nipsey for money I wasn't his wife so I wasn't his responsibility.

"Says the one that jumped down my throat about using her big brother for money when we first met"

"In my defense I was protecting my brother from getting with another girl like Mani's mom but dis is different ya'll are practically married and we can pay him back once our business pops off"

"My answer stays the same Sam, I'm not with it"

My pride wouldn't allow me to just go to Nipsey to ask for money even though I knew he would give it to me without hesitation.

"What's the big deal about him letting us borrow some money?"

"One because it's not like we are borrowing a hundred dollars we are asking for over thirty thousand and two because I don't want any hand outs I want to be able to say I did this shit on my own"

"So we turn down the most fitting building because you don't take handouts? If you don't ask E, I will"

I shrugged turning to the realtor, if Sam wanted to get money from Nipsey that was on her but I wanted no parts in it.

"Thank you for your time but right now I just don't have the money for what I'm looking for, expect a call soon for when I do"

"This is my dream London why are you letting your pride ruin dis huge opportunity? What woman you know in South Central dat got a two floor salon with an elevator?"

I rubbed my temples, Sam and I were eight years apart so she hadn't really lived as much as I had and hadn't experienced true financial trouble like I had.

"Trust me I'm not trying to ruin anything for you or me, I want us to have all our ducks in a row, you never know it may be something bigger out there for us"

"E would be more than willing to give us da cash for this place"

"Hear me out Sam, Say he gives us enough to meet the price for the building and we buy it, what's next? it needs renovations, we need equipment and furniture, paint jobs, flooring and none of that is free, how do you plan on us paying for all of that after using all of our money to buy this?"