Chapter Thirty-Nine

London|Boog

London|Boog

Almost thirty years worth of trauma I grew up with, playing a false scenario in my head and mourning parents who were both alive and well.

How am I suppose to feel? Because the only two emotions I could feel towards them was anger and rage.

"What's on ya mind? Talk to me"

The warm feeling of Nipsey's hand on my thigh brought me out of my heavy thoughts, I glanced towards him shaking my head.

"Too much"

With our upcoming nuptials this was the last thing I needed, this unwanted family secret was something I wished I could take to grave but I knew it wasn't fair to my Nanny to withhold this type of information especially when it involved her son.

"How you feeling? Don't bottle up that emotion Boog, all it's gonna do is build up until you explode"

"Babe" I sighed taking in the sunset and while Nipsey drove us down the Pacific Coast Highway giving me time to let this sink in and prepare myself for how I would deliver it to my Nanny.

"I spent my whole life mourning them and crying late night just wanting them to come back and for it all to be a lie it's killing me"

My voice cracked, I closed my eyes feeling the burning sensation of the warm tears forming.

"What hurts most is right after they leave me behind they replace me with another kid and move on with life like I don't even exist, like I'm not important"

Nipsey let go of my thigh taking his hand wiping the tears off my face while keeping his eye on the road.

"That's they lost straight up, you know you important to me and the kids"

"I know but it still hurts they put me in danger knowing people were after them and then they leave me in my car seat not thinking the people after them could have gotten revenge on them by killing me, they didn't care"

"I'm not taking nobody side or nothing like that but speaking from experience Boog, when a hood nigga desperate they ain't thinking straight they doing whatever for survival ain't nothing personal just their way of life"

Nothing personal? I understood what Nipsey was trying to say but it wasn't like I was some adult that could handle themselves, I was an innocent child not capable of taking care of myself at the time.

" I can't wrap my mind around it babe, my whole life has been built on a lie, I ran away from my city because I thought it had took my parents away"

"That's for yo parents to feel guilty about you shouldn't have to feel no type of heaviness you innocent in all of this, that's they job to right they wrongs"

"How do I tell Nann?"

"Boog, that ain't yo job" I side eyed him, I wasn't going to wait around and leave my Nann in the dark.