Chapter 13

Jungkook's POV:

Alright fine- I admit that I made the worst mistake of my life when I decided to leave y/n alone with that monster Kim Taehyung.

Because it wasn't like I could concentrate on class when they were out there, learning "French" together.
No I wasn't jealous, just that- I really dislike Taehyung.. I'm not sure what the reason is.. We've had our differences in the past-a LOT of differences at that and of course the hate is mutual or maybe because he's literally the biggest play boy and I have seen him break countless hearts in front of my eyes. And I don't want y/n to be another prey of his.

Now of course, I could make sure he stays away from her but I really can't do anything when they're in a class together.

I was almost 100% sure that he would've decided to sit with her and flirt throughout the lecture. Considering by how clearly smitten she was by his looks last night, she would've flirted back- it's not like she stays back from flirting anyway.

She was extra cheery when I met her once the lecture ended. I was literally waiting outside the classroom only to see both of them walking out of the room together while he laughed at something she said.

This was so unlike Taehyung.. he never chased anybody..

"Oh here you are Jungkook" Taehyung said, "I had a gut feeling that you'd be here." he smirked.

I smiled, " of course you did."

"Oh Kookie- Jin oppa had been trying to call you I guess.. he said you aren't picking up." y/n said.

"Yeah my phone's dead" I said, "anyway, we're going home now, right? I'll talk to him then."

"Oh you guys are going together?" Taehyung asked.

"I live two minutes from his place" y/n said, "plus I'm eating lunch with his family today."

"Ah I see.." Taehyung said, "well, um, see you tomorrow then?"

"But I don't think you have French tomorrow, do you y/n?" I asked.

"Come on Jeon, that doesn't mean I won't see her." Taehyung said, "well, now that I have her number-"

"You gave him your number?" I asked, trying not to show how outraged I was.

"Yeah?" she said, "why what's the problem?"

"Umm, nothing- I mean, you don't even know him. Haha" I said.

"Ugh, not that again" she said, "I know him, we're friends."

"Yes we're friends Jungkook" Taehyung said, "stop being so rude."

"Whatever" I sighed, "let's go y/n"

"Bye y/n" Taehyung said and she smiled at him.

"Okay what is it?" I asked y/n who had been sighing dramatically ever since we sat in the car.

"What?" she asked without looking at me.

"What's with the" I sighed mockingly like her, "this."

"Oh finally you acknowledge me" she said looking at me.

"Yeah well, tell me now" I said.

"Stop babying me" she said, "I'm not a kid, I know what to do and what not to do Jungkook.. I'm 20."

"I didn't do anything" I said.

"Sure- nothing. You never do anything." she looked ahead.

"Alright fine, I won't tell you what to do." I said, "I just want you to be careful y/n, that's it." I said and she ignored me.

"Okay and I also want you not to be mad at me, please?" I pouted looking at her.

"Look ahead while driving, or let me drive." she put her palm on my lips and made me look forward, "and stop pouting for god's sake"

"So you aren't mad at me?" I asked hopefully.

"I wasn't mad at you, I just want you to treat me like a grown up, I'm not stupid." she said.

"Yes okay, I'm sorry" I said.. I should give her space, I should let her do what she wants to do, she's not obligated to tell me anything, she's her own person.. But I just need to make sure Kim Taehyung stays away from her...

"Y/n- there you are. I have been waiting for you to come and taste this" dad said as soon as we entered my house, "tell me how it is."

Y/n was actually the only person who hyped up dad's cooking. Ever since we were kids, she would always tell him whatever he made tasted delicious, even though it was nothing close to delicious. She said she didn't like to hurt people's sentiments, even our parents were always giving us false appreciation so why can't we.. But then she would often, very subtly tell him what was wrong with the dish in a way that wouldn't even hurt him... Always too smart for her age..

"Wow, that's actually the best food I've had ever since I set foot in Seoul" she said, "this reminds me of Grandmom-"

"Right? I called her and asked her for the recipe." he looked so happy, "I'm so glad you liked it.. I just wanted to make sure you feel home."

"You all are so sweet" she said, "thank you so much Mr. Jeon.. this really feels home." she beamed at him.

"I think I might permanently shift to your house" she told me.

"Okay girl- do not say that in front of my parents. They would love to kick me out anyway" Jin hyung said, "they obviously like you more than they like me."

"That way I'll be the one to get kicked out" I said, "they like me the least."

"Oh yes, okay maybe I don't have to worry then" Jin hyung said, "y/n you know dad is making your favorite dish?"

She nodded and smiled, "it tastes amazing."

"Oh so you did taste it? I was scared to try it" Jin hyung said, "maybe I can eat it now..anyway Jungkook, I've been trying to call you for so long-"

"I was out of battery hyung" I said.

"Okay whatever, I need you to help me with my math project" Jin hyung pouted. Honestly, I was so done doing Jin hyung's math homework for him. Him being the elder one should be helping me- but no, when it came to math, our roles were reversed.

"Uh yea sure" I said, "after lunch."