Chapter 33

Jungkook's POV:

"Wasn't he a good kisser?"

"We didn't even get to kissing." y/n took a bite of the apple in her hand as my mom bombarded her with questions about her date.

"So what happened? He looked really handsome when you showed me his picture.. and you said he's polite and sweet too.."

"Well-"

"Too sweet? You know, to the point it gets obnoxious?"

"That's a thing?" I asked.

"Of course it is" both of them said together, "no, not that either" y/n said.

"I'm really confused now"

"Forget it mum, isn't it good that she isnt going out with him" I said, "uh- I mean, all men are dicks anyway-"

"Language" mom said, "also, I fear that if y/n stays with you, she won't be going out with any guy.. or girl-"

"Oh please mom, I'm not stopping her from dating anyone.. just want her to be careful"

"Of course you do" y/n rolled her eyes, "anyway, Soobin is an amazing guy.. I was actually happy to go out with him but then I got an unusual request"

"What?"

"Oh my god, tell me more" mom said.

"Mom, why are you so fond of gossip?"

"Shut up kookie, there's nothing wrong in a little gossip.. it's not like she's spreading it anywhere... okay so, Taehyung-"

"I knew that asshole would have something to do with it-"

"He's such a sweet boy, I dont know why you hate him so much Jungkook"

"I know right?" y/n said, "it wasn't Taehyung though, I mean, he was there, with Jimin and Yeonjun-"

"Huh? That's weird-"

"Right? Exactly what I thought.. I was taking a nap when the three of them showed up at my apartment-"

"What the-"

"Let her continue" mom shut me up.

"Ugh, fine"

And so, y/n continued telling us the story of how the 3 men came inside her apartment and convinced her to break things off with Soobin before anything even started.

"Okay but why did Jimin and Taehyung have to tag along?" I asked.

"It was weird.. they seemed more interested than Yeonjun.. I mean, I'm not that stupid" she said, "I could see that they had a hidden motive.. I would've listened to Yeonjun alone but then I thought maybe they were being good friends.. considering that Yeonjun was too shy about it and didnt really want to have anything to do with it.. "

"Oh my god, do you think Taehyung and Jimin have a crush on you?" mom asked.

"Jimin has a girlfriend, mom.. and Taehyung is a fuckboy.."

"Your dad was a fuckboy too.. they always improve for the nice ones" she said.

"What the-"

"Yeah, and y/n's dad had a girlfriend too, before he met her mom" she said, "he broke up with that girl.."

"Yeah whatever" I said, "that doesn't mean any of those two are really interested in her-"

"Now that's offensive" y/n said, "I'm very likable-"

"I'm not saying you aren't likable- hell, you're lovable.. the kind of girl people should fall in love with-"

"Oh?" my mom said, smirking, "you think people should fall in love with her? What about you-"

"MOM!"

"Aw kookie, that's so sweet" y/n pouted, then got up and kissed my cheek.

"Wha-"

"Aw, look at you all red and blushing" mom said, "your ears are red too-"

I immediately put my hands on my ears, "Nope, they're not" which was a lie, my ears felt very warm.

Y/n pinched my cheeks, "it's okay, you can blush" she snickered, "cute"

"Hey stop calling me cute-"

"But you are cute" she said, "anyway, we're late for uni"

"Ah fuck, yes, let's go"

"Take care kids" my mom said, laughing as she saw us off.

"Do you feel bad?" I asked y/n as she started my car.

"Huh?"

"You know, for like calling it off?" I put on the seatbelt, "the other day, you were literally whining about being single too long-"

"Yeah well.. it is kinda sad" she laughed, "I did expect a positive change in my life but it's okay.. I hope Yeonjun gets Soobin though.. otherwise it'd be a shame.."

"A positive change how? What difference does a boyfriend make?"

"I mean, not a lot of difference.. the person would probably still know lesser about my life than you would-"

"Aw, best friend privileges?"

"Totally" she grinned, "but then again, I can't make out with you, right?"

"Who said you can't make out with me?" It definitely sounded better in my head, it was not something I intended to say out loud but I did anyway..

"Huh?" she hit the brakes suddenly and looked at me, while I determinedly look at the dashboard, "are you sure Jungkook?"

"What-"

"Are you sure about what you said? That I can make out with you?"

Even though I wasn't looking at her, I could feel her smirk in her words, "I did not say that" I suddenly felt very hot and I was sure that I was blushing.

"You're so adorable when you're flustered" her words made me blush more, but I was thankful that she decided not to push this topic any further and started the car again, "well, it's not just about making out.. it'd be nice to have a partner.. someone I can call mine.."

This time, I kept my thoughts to myself, along with the thoughts of being able to call y/n mine... Something was definitely wrong with me.. I had never quite had such thoughts about y/n.. A part of me said that it was because I never felt threatened about losing her to anyone else.. it was always y/n and Jungkook.. there was no third person.. but the thought of there being another guy who would get to kiss her and cuddle her and probably do a lot more intimate shit with her, made me feel weird for no reason.. I had absolutely no right to feel that way, so I always kept ignoring it.. On top of that, the most handsome guy of our uni was undoubtedly crushing on y/n.. even though he was a fuckboy, there was no denying that he had a thing for her...

"Mhmm, valid enough" that's all I said...

Okay I did come though lmao, thank you for reading <333