Chapter 55

Who do you think will be the first to kiss y/n?
Also I'm updating because it's Sunday....

Author's POV:

"I really hope I was just a part of your left swipe spree and you didn't mean to do it" JiHoo couldn't help but speak out.

For the past 10 minutes, he had been observing the fingers of the girl in front of him. She wasn't even sparing anyone a glance on the dating app, simply swiping left on everyone.
It was a busy day at work and apparently everyone came to Starbucks for coffee.. He had been waiting in line for 15 minutes and this girl in front of him was obviously just passing her time on the dating app.

After his last ruthless breakup, he had more or less given up on his dating life, but then his friends suggested him to make an account on a new matchmaking app.. He hadn't opened it in ages, but looking at this girl swipe left on him definitely hurt.

She turned and saw him with wide eyes. Doe eyes.. they suit her face so much, he thought.
"What- oh my god-"

"I'm sorry-" he said, "I shouldn't have been looking into your phone but I really couldn't resist saying something when you swiped left on me-"

"Shit- I'm so sorry- I really didn't see any profile properly.. it's like- a rhythm was set and my fingers were working automatically and-"

He chuckled, "you don't have to apologise for that.. i don't expect you to swipe right but I was still hoping I was a part of the spree..It happens with me too, at times I lose potential matches.. NOT that I'm calling you a potential match- I mean, I'm not against it either but uhm-"

She giggled, "you're rambling" she said, "I'm Ri HyeMin" she put her hand forward.

"Choi JiHoo" he smiled and shook hands with HyeMin, "I know you swiped left on me, but can I still buy you coffee?"

"Sure thing" she said, "I'll take a vanilla latte"

He winked at her, "you got it."

———————

"Did I wake you up?" y/n asked as soon as Taehyung picked up the call.

"Good morning y/n.. You could've come to my room" he said.

"Oh no, I left like 20 minutes ago" she replied, "I left a note on the table too.. I had some errands to run.."

"Ah, alright" he said wistfully, "I'll see you tonight then? We're watching that new Netflix movie, yeah?"

"About that.. can we reschedule? Tomorrow night?"

"I'm going out with a few friends tomorrow.. what's wrong with tonight?"

"Well, I'm meeting an old school friend" she said, "so it's a little difficult for me.. I'm really sorry, Tae.."

"It's alright y/n" he said, "we can watch it some other time, we live together anyway"

"I promise to make it up to you" she said, "for now can you go to my room, please?"

"Ooh, what do you have in mind?" He asked expectantly with a dirty tone.

She snickered, "don't get ideas Taehyung.. you'll see an orange book on the side table.. can you give it to Jungkook? He's waiting outside the apartment.."

"Can I peep into your drawers?"

"What?" She laughed, "there's nothing interesting in them.."

"So I can?"

"Nope.. don't-"

He chuckled, "don't worry, I won't.. I've picked the book up and shut the door of your room again.. I could've brought the book though-"

"I need it stat and kookie's on his way" she said.

"Ah alright" he said, "does that mean I won't see you the entire day?" He saw Jungkook's car parked right in front.

"Probably not" she said, "but at night, yes"

"I'll wait then" he told her, "have a good day y/n"

"You too Taehyung"

"Morning Jeon" he handed the book to Jungkook who was looking really hot in his shades and black leather jacket.

"Did you get to know about anything?" He asked about Jimin.

Taehyung shook his head, "acting shady but they're meeting for lunch today.."

"A date? Wow.."

"I don't think so.." Taehyung said, "seems more like a secret mission or something.."

Jungkook scoffed, "we'll see" he started the car, "see you for practice." And drove off.

This was the first time in ages that Jungkook had parted with a positive greeting instead of his usual 'fuck you Taehyung' 'get lost Taehyung' 'I hope you lose your wallet' 'Greek poop' and what not...

———————

Jimin's POV:

I sat at a table of the restaurant y/n had texted me the address of;

Y/n: Good news Jimin!!🥳 Can you meet me for lunch at xxx?

Me: of course ☺️

She definitely made a good call choosing a restaurant some distance from the uni.. the cafeteria is so not a nice place.. People are always in other's business.. Especially Jungkook and Taehyung and MiCha and her gang....

I reached half an hour early because of my nerves. I was fidgeting with my car keys, looking forward to our meeting but at the same time worried about what she had to say.

I got up from my seat as soon as I saw her.

She beamed, "I have great news" gave me a hug and sat down next to me after removing her coat.

"I'm honestly really nervous" I told her, "but also curious."

"I don't know how you'll take this.. I mean, of course, you have all the rights to say no-but I just wanted to give it a try and tell you about this only when I had something positive to deliver.."

I looked at her, "go on.."

"The other day, Taehyung showed me videos of you singing.. and you have the most beautiful voice Jimin... i haven't heard anything as sweet as your voice.. ever.." she said and I smiled at her.

"Thank you y/n-"

"So umm... I have an acquaintance at ARMY Label-" she said, "and I may have gotten you an audition-" (YES ARMY)

"What-"

"I know I had no right to do anything like that.. I may have crossed my limits, but I promise I didn't disclose your identity- I just- I really wanted you to give it one shot at least.. I don't want you to regret never even trying it out.. The opportunity is right there Jimin- I'm sorry once again but I had to-"

"Shh shh, why are you apologising?" I held her hands, "I'm just- I don't know what to say- Why did you do it?"

"I don't know" she said, "I just wanted to-"

I let out a happy sigh, "I- I don't believe this-"

"Are you happy?" She asked, "I really can't tell-"

"Of course I'm happy, y/n- I'm elated- I don't- I don't know what to say.."

"So you'll go for the audition?"

"Hell yeah" I said, "I was never expecting this- how will I ever repay you back for this?"

She sat back in her seat, "just don't forget me when you're famous" she smiled.
And it was right then, with the heat in my cheeks, that I realised how deep I had fallen....