Chapter 52

You might think why I'm giving daily updates or even two in one day (like today) .... it's because winter break ends tomorrow and classes would start so I won't have a lot of time.... ALSO, HAPPY NEW YEAR MWAH

Jungkook's POV:

The five stages of grief were as visible as day on Taehyung's face.. His face went from as pale as a ghost's to as red as a tomato.. I honestly felt second hand embarrassment for him and was almost sorry for his misunderstanding of THAT magnitude but then I remembered that he had dragged me in it too so I mentally told myself that he deserved it....

"You didn't let me speak" I whispered to Taehyung, while Jimin mouthed a 'good luck.'

"Yeah, I think he has a habit of not listening to people " JiHoo hyung said.

"I'm-" Taehyung looked so devastated, it was almost hilarious.

"You really gave me an earful about staying away from my own sister"

"I didn't mean it-"

"Oh so you're saying you don't like y/n?" hyung raised his eyebrows.

"I'm-" he really was out of words, "I'm sorry- I- I don't know what to say" he looked down at his shoes.

"Of course you don't" hyung smirked, "what do you even see in my stupid sister?"

"Hyung, she isn't stupid-"

"Oh? Is it Jungkook? I thought you were my partner in insulting her.. like y/n and Jin hyung used to gang up on you" he asked, "or did you, maybe, lie about not being in love with her?"

"Haha- hyung what-"

Jimin cleared his throat, "I think my brother is calling me-"

"Oh wait, Jimin right? I'm really thankful for your help today-" hyung said and Jimin bowed and then smiled.. His smile was radiant.... I gave him a look and then to Taehyung who just shrugged.

"I suppose you're Taehyung's best friend?" hyung asked Jimin.

Jimin looked at Taehyung, his eyes screaming 'what the fuck did you do', "What haha nope, I don't even know him." he said.

"Excuse me?" Taehyung clearly looked offended and when JiHoo hyung looked at him he diverted his attention back to his shoes, "he's lying- our moms literally used to exchange our clothes when we were kids-"

"Then why are you lying?" hyung asked, "whatever be it.. you must be his best friend who is also in love with my sister"

"EXCUSE ME?!" it was my turn to take offense but then hyung raised his eyebrows at me, "I'm just-" I sighed, "I'm looking out for her, okay?"

"Of course" he nodded.

Just then y/n and auntie walked into the house.

"Oops, saved by the girl you're all in love with" hyung said, "I'd love to continue this conversation but I need to meet my sister.."

"Hyung-" Taehyung started.

"I don't think I allowed you to call me hyung" JiHoo hyung retorted and I almost gasped at how savage he sounded.

"I'm sorry-" Taehyung cleared his throat, "sir, could you please-"

"We'll continue later.. don't try to dodge me.." he left the threat hanging in the air and simply vanished leaving all three of us in utter shock, fear and anxiety...

While y/n hugged her oppa, extremely ecstatic at the surprise, I put all my attention towards Jimin, who was looking at Taehyung, who had his head in his hands...

"I'm so fucked" Taehyung said, "I think I pissed my pants a little-"

"Why the fuck would you drag me into it?" Jimin asked.

"Since when do YOU have a crush on y/n?" I asked Jimin.

"He's so intimidating.. his gaze, his muscles, even that goddamn smirk- do you think he's plotting my murder?" Taehyung was talking to himself at this point.

"I thought we were best friends, Taehyung" Jimin said.

"Jimin, I'm literally trying to ask you something-"

"You just outright denied even knowing me, you bitch-" Taehyung said, "and good fucking morning, Jungkook- this guy also has a super massive crush on your best friend.. I'm surprised you didn't notice-"

"But you have a girlfriend" I whined.

"I don't have a crush on her" Jimin said.

"I used to say that too" I said.

"Yeah, you're in love with her" Taehyung said.

"Shut the fuck up-"

"Wait a minute-" I said and brought the remaining three champagne glasses that were on the table, "I think we need this-"

"Thanks" Jimin said as both of them took the glasses from my hand.

"Good thing is, I dragged both of you into it WITH me" Taehyung said, "I'm not in a position to laugh but I really wanna laugh... we'll drown together, cheers to that-" Taehyung raised his glass, but when neither Jimin, nor I raised our glasses, he said, "okay then, cheers on having a crush on the same girl-" this time I clinked my glass with him but Jimin simply drank from his glass, ignoring Taehyung.. which is when Taehyung took his glass and clinked it with Jimin's, "deny it all you want, but I can read your eyes.."

Jimin simply scoffed at that.

"Okay whatever- I need to go and meet auntie.. " I said, "you know she likes me more than JiHoo hyung?" I smirked, my superiority complex making me feel a little better about my competition.

"Oh that's so yesterday, Jungkook" Taehyung said, "I'm sure that changed when I met her today.."

"Oh fuck you" I rolled my eyes.

Taehyung chuckled, taking a sip of his champagne, "y/n looks cute-"

"When does she not" Jimin mumbled.

"Denial, my ass" I shook my head.

"Look-" Jimin started.

"Your ass is fine" y/n interrupted.

"Fuck- you scared me.. I thought it was JiHoo hyung-"

"Why would oppa compliment your ass?" She asked.

"Why would /you/ compliment his ass?" Taehyung asked.

"Because it's worth complimenting-" she simply said, "ANYWAY, I did not expect to see Jimin here"

Jimin smiled at her, "I hope you're happy to see me.."

"Certainly" she smiled back.

Taehyung cleared his throat, "you look beautiful, y/n"

She blushed, "thank you Taehyung.."

Okay, now I was feeling left behind...
"Yeah, you look gorgeous" I said, "pink really makes your eyes look beautiful-"

Y/n's eyes widened, "are you okay?"

"What- why?"

"You're complimenting me.. in front of people.."

"I've done that before-" I said.

She shook her head, "never... this is so unlike you.. but I like it" she smiled, "come on, mom's calling you-"

"Yep, I was on my way-"

"You both should come too" y/n told Jimin and Taehyung, "she really can't stop talking about you, Taehyung-"

"Oh would you look at that" Taehyung wiggled his eyebrows at both me and Jimin, "honestly, I had the best time talking to her.."

"I'm really looking forward to meet her, y/n" Jimin said, "let's get going."

"Yeah, let's go" I said.