30.

Hi! From this part I start to include the Wizarding World more to the story.  But somehow the information was hard to find even after reading and watching the movies. Therefor I came up with a lot of stuff myself. So please if you find something you think should be changed leave a comment.

On the 30th we had our stuff backed to return to New York and I was making sure I had everything when papa came to my door.

-Are you backed? There is a place we should visit before we go back to New York,

he said as let his eyes run around the room.

- Yes, I'm all done,

I answered as I turned to look at him and made my suitcase float behind me.

-Where are we going?

- We are going to go buy a wand for you.

I looked at him and then at the suitcase that was following us steadily down the stairs. He noticed my confused look and laughed a little and explained,

-Well you don't really need one, but in the school you agreed to attend they use wands. So it's mainly to make you fit in better. And to put it simply the magic I've taught you is ancient magic and can do these spells with less magical energy but require more effort. But this sort of modern magic needs more energy so the wand is to act as an amplifier and to concentrate the magic and need les effort. And then there is the magic you learned from your own world that no one here knows.

I nodded slowly as we came to the door and I let my package down. Papa yelled to dad that we would meet at the airport and so we left to find a store that sold wands.

- So where are we going to find a wand? Is there a secret section in walmart  or-?

I asked as papa lead me down the street in downtown LA. He laughed a bit an answered,

-Heh, no. Though there is a secret part of town, Angel's gate that has a store for any need a wizard or a witch might have. Including a wandstore.

And as he ended his explanation he opened a door to a small wiccan store and gestured me to go in first. Inside the store there was such a strong sent of different incense, that it hurt my extra sensitive nose. If the entirety of Angel's gate smelled like this I would surely get a headache.

- Would you happen to have any books about Angel's gate?

Papa asked from the woman working the counter. The woman looked at us with a suspicious face but then nodded and asked us to follow her to the back. As I saw her come from behind the counter I saw her strange clothes. She was wearing a multicolored robe with black accessories. It made her look like a glamorous hippie who had some gothic tendencies. But some how it all made sense inside this shop.

The woman took us in the backroom and pulled a book from a shelf that cowered the whole back wall. But instead of giving the book to papa she moved few steps from the shelf which had started to open to what seamed like a whole book store.

-Thank you kindly. Could you tell us where we can buy a wand?

Papa said to the woman's back as she turned to return to the front.

- There is a Wanderer on the main street. But if you'd like something more high quality and have the money for it there is also a shop on the north lane that cells more unique wands called Wioletta.

The woman took another look at our clothes and then added.

-Also Gringotts Wizarding Bank office is on the right from the bookstore, if you need to change money.

Papa nodded to the woman and then led me to the book store as the shelf behind us closed. First the book store we had just entered seemed perfectly normal but after I started to reed the titles of the books and sections, like The short history of magic and How to take  care of magical plants or the whole section of potions, made me realize this was something new for me.

Papa must have noticed me reading the titles because he said we could come to see if I found any books later. But the woman was right and we had to go change some dollars to knuts, sickles and galleons. He also explained shortly how wizard money worked but also added that money really didn't matter to us here as it didn't in the non magic world.

As we stepped outside I really noticed that we were in a wizardy part of town as the first thing that catched my eye was a witch making at least ten bags float and follow her as she walked down the main street. The woman was seemingly younger than the woman in the shop and had clothes that didn't really differ from what everyone in LA wore, so younger people probably had started following non-magic people trends at least on the part of fashion. Though after looking at more people closer to my age on the street and later in the bank, I came to the conclusion that alternative styles like variations of goth, punk and Japanese street fashion were more in and the mainstream fashions were the alternative style around here. I decided to  go shopping before going to school.

After we were done exchanging money I decided to buy at least one book on magical beings, after all I had to learn everything I could so I wouldn't make a fool of myself. Though I had a book on magical animals that was clearly not enough. 

- We should probably head to That shop Wioletta for your wand. Wanderers wands aren't bad but it is always better to get a wand that is more yours. Or that's what an old friend told me.

Papa said after we had stopped to buy ice cream that changed flavors on every bite. I had chosen one with three flavors, white chocolate, raspberry and licorice. Surprisingly good combo. I just nodded as an answer but then turned to smile to him to make sure I didn't come out as rude. Though it had been half a year I was still having a hard time acting more like what a girl my age should act. Papa smiled back to me and said:

- Don't worry, remember I too saw your past and trust me. There is no way you can make me feel bad just by being your self. Though you seem more happy when you let your shell break and act more like the child you are.

I just nodded again this time facing forward. I already could see the sign of Wioletta. Though what he said was sort of true, it was easier when I wasn't in public.