14.

The next morning I watched Peter get ready for school. He had slept in and ran around like he was on fire.

-Why don't you just fling yourself to school? It would take you like 3 minutes.

I said behind my book.

-Are you crazy? What if someone saw me?

He asked me back.

-Of course not stright to the school yard. To the back alley. No one would see you and you would still cut some time.

His eyes lit up like he had never thuoght of that before. So he ran in his bedroom to gather up what he needed, to do just that and ran out the door. I shook my head and went back to my book. I had brought it from the Sanctum last week but hadn't had the time to read it yet. It was about drawing and desingning magic circles. I was very interested in them expesially since desingning your own circles could help you run around your limits.

- Do you want to come with me to the Sanctum today?

Papa asked little later as he was coming from their room.

- Sure. I just thought you had already left.

I jumped up from the coutch. I had the book in my hands and brought it to my room and got some books I had already finished to bring back to the Sanctum. Papa took a look at the stock of books and smiled. I had close to 20 books with me and had read those in a week and done my school work too.

-Ready?

Papa asked when he created a portal for us to use. I nodded and went a head. Going through portal felt nice, a little tickel and then you were there. Wong was surprised to see me there since it was a school time.

- Hello Domino. How come you are not in school?

- Oh... I got suspended for fighting for a week. So now I'm here. Here are some books I'd like to return to the library.

Wong was happy to get the books back. Even though I was not like most teenagers he was worried I would break them or make a mess.

The day went pretty fast. Papa was busy so I had to entertain my self. Not like that was a problem. I made some notes besed on the book I had read earlier and tried to work on learning how to make portals.

At about 1 pm I went to get something to eat. I went for a burger and some fries at a near by diner. I went alone since papa was still busy but that didn't bother me, I was fine alone. Besides the diner was almoast empty so I was not going to get in trouble anyway.

I sat in a booth when I felt a breeze coming from the door even when it wasn't windy. I turned to look and saw a young man with red hair orderind something to go. He looked familiar but I didn't know him so I let it be. The man seemed to have felt my gase because he turned to look at me and smiled. I turned my eyes back to my meal. I was not about to be accused of staring. He would be gone soon anyway, so I finished my meal and headed back.

I spent the afternoon training with Wong's help to perfect my moves. Wong said I was natural and that I could even surpas papa one day. That made me happy.

- Domino, do you have a second?

Papa had come to see me and he was accompanied By dad and Peter. I thanked Wong and went to them.

- Have you thought about it?

Papa asked and I nodded. I was sure about my decision.

- I really want to perform the memory spell. That way I will always be in control.

- Well then, we will do that right now. I will assist you the whole time though it means I will see all you see. Are you okay with that?

I nodded. It wouldent have done any good if i tried to hide anything from them.

We started By drawing a circle for the spell on the floor. Then papa walked me through the spell and made me repeat it to him to be sure. Then came the actual spell papa sat me in the circle and stood in front of me to guide me.

- Start the spell.

He said and I started mumbeling the words and swinging my hands to draw the magic circle in the air.

-Good don't stop no matter what.

Papa's voice started to sound like it came somewhere far away. I started to feel dizzy and wanted to stop.

-Domino! Don't stop!

I heard just as I was about to pass out and it made me continue. Then my life started to roll backwards in my mind. First today and the man in the diner, then last weeks, months and then when I woke up in the Tower. Then everything went black. First I was sure I couldn't see my past after all but then I saw flashing lights and folt what I had felt before. I was in a vortex. The time in the vortex felt like infinity and then it started to go back rabidly. I saw all that was my past the Justice League, Raven, Damian and my other brothers, Father, Pennysworth everyone I had ever cared for everything I had gone through. And then It stopped, I had retched the poin I was born and the spell ended. Now I had to face papa, dad and everyone I had learned to care here and tell them how horrible I was.