23.

I had a long talk with Shuri. I only realized how long we had talked when dad opened my door at midnight like every night to check I was still there.

-Princess, you are still up? Aren't you tired? Ou- Hi Shuri. How's Wakanda?

- Hi, uncle Tony. It's grate, we just made a contract to open the first Burger king to wakanda so of course everyone is hyped.

Shuri said as I looked at the time.

-Ohh- It's already that late. Sorry dad... and Shuri. I'll go to bed now. Good night,

I said and ended the call. I had talked a lot with Shuri for the last week. Since I had been suspended and she had no sleeping schedule, we had even talked while doing other stuff. But for now I had to end our call and go to bed. I got along with very little sleep but if dad noticed I hadn't slept he would probably get me a sick day.

So I went to bed but had a very strange dream. It started like any normal day I went to the kitchen to get some breakfast and then run to school with Peter who had overslept. But then stuff turned weird. When we arrived to school first thing I saw was Damian walking out the doors. I stopped on the spot. Damian just walked past me but then turned around as the Robin and started talking me down:

-You think you can do this yourself? You think you can just slide yourself in a new family? You are nothing without me! Grandfather new it and even father saw that you were just my sidekick. They didn't care about you. These people don't care about you. If I was you I would just disappear. Leave them. Like you left us. We don't miss you and they wont either. Even you know it don't you? Why else would you have named yourself Sparrow? Sparrow is the code of the spare.

As he talked all the other bats came out and spoke all the same words Damian did. Their words started to spin in my mind and my head started hurting.

-Stop! Please, stop it! I'm sorry. Stop! Stop!

-Domino! Domino, wake up!

Dad woke my up by shaking me lightly. I opened my eyes violently shaking and sweating.

-Dad, am I a bother?

I asked as I noticed I was crying. Dad hugged me tighter and said softly to me:

-Of course not. You are my lovely daughter who I love dearly. And who is loved by many others. You are anything but a bother.

I hugged him one more time to calm him down as much as to calm myself down.

-Thanks dad. I'm fine now. I love you too.

Only then I noticed that I had also woken up Peter who stood in the door way looking at me worriedly.

-I also love you Peter. You are my dear brother.

Peter gave me a smile and told me he loved me too before returning to his own room. Dad gave me one more hug before also returning to his bed too. 

After that I just couldn't sleep anymore. Even though my mind was cleared from any insecurities I had that made that dream, I didn't feel like sleeping anymore. Instead I read the few books about herbs and potions papa had brought me. These books were different from the other books. Besides the subject, these books were brand new not thousands of years old. They also had some really weird herbs and ingredients like unicorn hair and fluxweed. All the potions and plants seemed easy enough to memorize but I couldn't be sure without testing. I decided to as papa when he returned but before that all I could do was read more.

 I also noticed another problem I had. Many of the potion recipes mentioned a wand that I didn't have. Another thing to ask papa about when he came back.  Where he had went anyway? Usually he told me where he went and why but this time only dad seemed to know.

Deep in my thoughts I hadn't noticed how time had flown and the sun had started to rice. Only after my alarm went off I realized it was morning and I put my book down. I walked to my bathroom and took a shower and let the water wash of the sweat my dream had brought up.

In my walk-in-closet I chose a bland outfit for the day: gray t-shirt and blue jeans. But after looking out the window the weather seemed little cold, so I added a bomber-jacket with dragon-embroidery. And with that I was ready to go. Unlike I had previously thought, after I got my memories I had started to pay more attentions to how I dressed. Which I had never really done before. But then again, maybe it came with the fact that I then basically had two personalities clashing together.