28.

The night before Christmas I woke up to someone moving in my room in the middle of the night. And my old instincts kicked in. I jumped up from my bed and on the intruder. When I realized what had happened My first thought was that I had attacked someone from my family. But then I herd unfamiliar voice swear and just and just avoided a fist aimed at my face. I strike my fingers firs to his neck and then armpits and took few steps back.

-DAD, PAPA! There's an intruder in my room!
I yelled and ran to the light switch. The lights burned my eyes but i forced myself to face the intruder to identify them.

But what surprised me was that the man I found laying on the floor seemed to be nothing like a normal burglar.

-Who the fuck are you? And what are you doing here?

Of course the man stayed silent and only after dad and papa rushed to my room the deadly silence was broken.

-Domino, are you okay? Did he hurt you?

Dad said as he checked that I was in one piece.

I shushed him to calm down and that I was fine and only after then noticed that papa looked at the burglar in disbelief.

- Is something wrong dear?

Dad asked as he walked beside him. Papa shook his head and said,

-He is from the American ministry of magic. Probably to put a trace on her even though she is under my supervision, so that doesn't come to question. Domino could you release him so he can explain.

I nodded and went to stab him in his armpit with my fingers. The man immediately gained his mobility back and stood up. 

-Mr. Strange.

He started but was corrected by papa.

-Doctor. 

-Yes, my apologies. Dr. Strange I'm Amos Amalberg from the ministry and we really wants to place a trace on your daughter. Especially now that she may attend a school in a foreign country.

-So, you just want to use her to spy on them.

Papa said and shook his head.

- Look you know that she has no obligation to carry a trace. So you know that that is not going to happen. And for braking in to our house I will take action against you. Goodbye mister Amalberg.

And as papa said that, he made a portal behind this strange wizard and moved it so hi would go through it. After closing that portal he turned back to us and huffed.

- We have to make this house apparition proof. This can't happen again. They seem to be open to anything to get something done.

I felt really unsafe and cuddled into dad's side. And he stroke my hair whispering that it would be okay. Strangely even though I had my memories I was somehow more prone to stress and fear. Even though I knew I could take on pretty much anyone that came for my head. At least till someone could help me.

- Well we are all awake now so we mind as well go to open our presents right?

Peter who had appeared in the doorway with Harley asked with a hue of childish excitement in his voice. Dad looked at papa and sight,

-I guess we can do that its four am all ready so it's technically morning.

Immediately after he had said that Peter and Harley had disappeared and I  heard running from the stairway and a yell.

- First there will get to open the first present.

But despite their head start I was the first in the living room where the tree and presents waited.

- Hey! No fair. We didn't know you could create portals.

Harley who somehow managed to get there before Peter who had slipped on a rug said as he sat next to me on the floor.

- You didn't ask.

After everyone had sat down and we had figured out witch presents were fore who I opened the first present from my pile. I chose the smallest one first. It looked like a jewelry box, so I just hoped it wasn't something too expensive, since it was from dad and papa. In the box I saw a black digital wrist watch that had my old Sparrow symbol on the screen. I instantly fell in love with this simple but still so perfect watch. I put it on my left hand and looked at it. It was perfect size for me and made me smirk when I looked at it.

- Stand up and pres the button on the side. 

Dad said as I turned my face at him. I did as I was told and after I pushed the button the watch seemed to stark taking over me until it covered my whole body. First I didn't see anything but then there was a flash and I saw again. Besides seeing what was in the room I saw some statistics and herd a voice.

- Hello miss Domino I'm your artificial assistant please state the name you wish to call me by.

My head was spinning and I ran to the nearest mirror. I looked at myself I was fully covered by this armor that had red torso part and boots but the rest was mostly black and gray. And on my chest a shining S-symbol. Looking at my suit I was suddenly sure of the name of its artificial consciousness.

- Oracle. Your name is Oracle.

- Name analysed. Thank you miss Domino. Do you wish to retreat the suit for now?

I thought that maybe I could try out this new suit for a little but then remembered that we were in the middle of opening our presents.

-Yes please, but before that. Can you connect to my other personal devises?

-As you wish,

Oracle answers and then the suit started to retreat back to my new watch. I looked the watch one more time and ran back to the living room to open more presents with my family.