38.

My Hogwarts letter arrived on July 24th when we were having breakfast in the garden of our LA home. Tiggie had made pancakes with fruit and the weather was nice enough to spent time out side. Then an owl flew over us and dropped the letter in my lap.

- So it arrived already. 

Papa said after I had read it and told him what it said.  

- Yes, and the supply list also- and it seems the headmistress has added a special letter for me. It says that when I arrive at Hogwarts I should follow the first year students so I can be sorted to a house. And in case I have any questions Albus Potter has agreed to help me. She even added his address in case  I want to send an owl.

I answered as I read through the letter stroking Azizi's black fur. I ended up naming him after the Arabic word aziz meaning beloved. Mother used to call father beloved in any language she new so it seemed fitting as I wanted to name him after him. But Bruce just didn't suit my little panther. After all mother truly was madly in love with him. She just had had very poor way to show it.

- Well we better see what we can get from here. And get the rest from London. 

Papa said.

- I did some digging and they seem to not have all the same book selections between the USA and Europe. And your uniform has to be bought from there anyway. But first in the list we have an owl I suppose. 

- Yes, you are right. I would like to write to Albus. He is the only one that I can call an acquaintance of mine in the whole school in the same year.

I said as I scanned the supply list to my phone and put the letter back in to the envelope.

We had nothing else planned for that day so we decided to go do the USA part of our shopping today at Angel gates. As papa had said we couldn't find some of the books or even the potion ingredients, which were limited to professional potion makers, from here. The most basic books were the same but for example the history of magic book was different.

I also found a cauldron and a nice set of crystal phials that had a pretty lavender cradiant on them. What I didn't find was scales in grams, but no surprise there. We had to look around for a owlery to buy an owl. and we finally found one next to the ice cream parlour we had visited last time.

- Welcome, dear. Are you looking to send a letter or buy an owl?

The short but robust woman behind the counter asked as we stepped inside the owlery. 

- I'm looking for a bird that can fly over the Atlantic with ease. Which bird do you recommend?

I answered. The woman turned to look at her book to see which owl would best suit my needs. She kept turning the pages for so long I got worried she actually didn't have any, and started to think that maybe I had to get my bird from New York after all. But then she liftd her eyes from the book and said,

- Do you absolutely want an owl? We do have owls that can make the trip over the Atlantic, but if you want to exchange letters in rabid cycles, I would really recommed getting a raven.

And of course the first thing I thought after hearing her words was Raven. She was in many ways my best fried and I wished I could share this journey with her. This way I gues I somewhat could.

- No, a raven sounds will be fine. Do you have any? 

- Yes dear, we do have a few. I think this young one would be good for you. She's a bit bigger than ravens usually are, so crossing the Atlantic wouldn't be even hard.

And as she said that she flicked her wand and a cage fly to the counter. 

In the cage slept the biggest raven I had ever seen. It's feathers were shining blue and green in the dim light of the shop.

- She is so pretty. Can I pay with card?

-Of course dear. Let me just set the prise on the scanning mirror.