32.

The flight back to New York went well. Though Peter was quit excited to see me cast some simple spells papa couldn't cast, because he didn't use a wand. Which almost ended with me breaking the window with a flying metal chopstick. That was too much even for dad who asked me to but the wand away.

Now I was sitting in aunt Pepper's apartment with a stylist trying to make my hair bend into a trendy hair do. I had realized that I hadn't really cut my hair in the time I had been in this world and I had actually booked a time for a hair cut back in Gotham because my hair had stared to be so long it got in the way. I had been with aunt Pepper from about ten in the morning as she came to grab me from the penthouse around then, to get ready with her for the new years gala held to the elite of New York and which we were going to attend on behalf of the Avengers. 

A Black and flowy knee length dress, aunt Pepper had bought for me was waiting for me with the high heels we had bought long time ago. The stylist had already done Pepper's hair and she was finishing her makeup in the bath room. Her hair had been easier to style mostly because she knew what she wanted- a top bun- and because her hair was of a reasonable length. Finally the stylist said she was done and to take a look. 

She had done a good job. My hair was on two buns just on the edge of my lover hair line and had some loose hair on the bottom. A bit too adult looking for a thirteen year old but I was pretty sure she thought I was older, though I was bit short.

- Are you ready to go?, Pepper asked as she walked out from the bathroom still attaching her huge earrings to her ears.

- Yes, I think we are done. We'll meet dad and the others downs stairs right?

I asked still trying to figure out the straps on my shoes. Dressing up for galas wasn't new to me, but this type of trend following hard to attach fashion was never on my list.

- Yes the limo is already there and your dads and Peter already in so we just have to go down and we can leave.

Pepper said and gave me a fluffy new jacket to keep me from the cold outside as we stepped out from the apartment.

When we stepped in the car my family naturally told me how pretty I was and I had to say that they too looked very charming dressed up. Even Peter who normally seemed more like a cute puppy now looked like he was ready to break some young socialites heart.

- When we get to the venue wait in the car until I extend my arm to help you and then come out. That way it will be more clear to everyone in the future that you are our daughter and-

- Just say how it is, please dad. This is also my depute as little lady Stark-Strange and you want it to be grand because you like dramatic entrances.

I said teasingly before dad could finish his sentence.

- Well- yes. You got me. But what can I say, I've always been like that.

Dad agreed and jabbed his elbow between papa's ribs as he was laughing  at what I had said. Peter who was also laughing slided closer to me away from dad trying  to hold his giggles in.