37.

Because everyone else was already in LA enjoying the summer, me and papa decided to use a portal to get there. Dad used the Sling ring to open a portal straight to the hall which startled Tiggie, who thought we were intruding the house she was in charge of. Dad and Peter had more normal reactions since they new what was going to happen, they just forgot to tell Tiggie too.

Though we arrived just before my birthday it didn't feel special. Just like I wanted. Even though I knew that Damian was most likely with father and in good health, it didn't feel right to separate without him. Even when not together we were still twins after all.

So I had specifically told dad, papa Harley and Peter that there would not be a party. Thou I still couldn't stop them from giving me gifts. When I first woke up on my birth day nothing was out of the ordinary. But down stairs Tiggie had made a little more special breakfast and told me, "her mistress" to have a great birthday.

Dad tried to sneak his and papa's gift to me as if it was something all girl got from their parents but failed miserably. But to be fair sneaking a micro-supercomputer to your child's super-suit-watch and sunglasses would be hard for anyone. Peter and Harley on the other hand didn't even try to hide the fact they were giving me a birthday gift. But it was pretty sweet gift so I didn't mind.

Otherwise, to my delight, the day was in no way special. We mostly just hung out at our pool. So there was really nothing to warn me of the dream I had the night after. Talia or mother talked to me or rather in the dream I was Damian. She told me well Damian to beware the demon's fist and her. And then I snapped awake sweating. The Demon's fist group of elite child soldiers under Damian's commad when we were still in the League, but who is her. The extreme stress from the dream clouded my mind and it took me minutes to realize who Talia meant by she. Mara, our cousin. She trained a lot with Damian and was so to say his spare if he died. And now that Damian had abandoned the League the Demon's fist was hers to command and she would likely be after his life. If she was alive.

I had to calm my mind by thinking about the fact that even though we were twins we were in other universes and there was no way for us to feel or see each other. And knowing Mara she would be dead any way.

***Damian***

Damian woke up sweating tangled into his bed sheets. He had dreamed about his sister. And unfortunately his cousin. Domino had frequented his dreams for a long time, though less and less as the time passed. But never before had he dreamed of Mara. And it was most likely because his mother's warning earlier that night. The first surprise for that meeting ofcourse being the fact that his mother was infact still alive. But then also dreaming about Domino felt like a punch to the stomach. In his dream he had seen their aggressive cousin snap his sisters, who couldn't say no to the new leader of the League of Assassins, neck.

But even though he knew that the dream could never be true, after all Domino was already gone, he felt uneasy. Maybe he should look into the Mara and Demon's fist thing after all.

***Domino***

The day after my birthday I slept in and woke up only after 9 am and skipped my morning run. It was already too hot. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, so you can imagine my surprise when I went down stair and found everyone awake in the living room with a special guest.

- Good morning Doe. I must say I'm a bit disappointed. You have no idea how early I had to wake up to get here before you wake up at 6 am and then you only show up at 9.

The dark skinned girl said as she stood up from the cream white sofa.

- Shuri! How are you here? I imagined you would be busy the whole summer.

I said as I walked closer and she took me into a strong hug.

- Of course I would make some time to visit my friend around her birthday. And I even herd that you got into the wizarding school in GB. What was the name? Hog- Hogwarden?

- Hogwarts. But how do you know about the magic stuff?

- Oh- that. The International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy doesn't really apply to Wakanda. Though most don't know about magic the royal court knows since- well you know. But before I forget, I have a gift for you.

She said and turned to a big basket with a cover.

-I herd that you are allowed to bring a cat with you to the school so I have a one for you. Well technically it's a cat at least.

And as she said that se gave the basket to me.

At first I thought that she had made me a robot cat. In which case I couldn't take it with me because according to the Hogwarts; a history, technology didn't work there due to the huge amount of magic. But that wasn't really a concern considering that in the basket  slept a real black panther cub.

- I- they are cute but I can't take them.

I said.

- Why You don't like him-

- No that is not the problem. It's just that he is a wild animal I can't possibly take that away from him.

- Oh that's not a problem. You see that is somewhat a magical panther. Many Wakandan wizards and witches have jaguars as pets and they are like regular cats- well bigger. And if a black cub in other words a panther is born it's automatically gifted to the royal family who then gifts it to someone they respect. And with all you been through, I really respect you. So please accept my gift.

Of course I couldn't not keep the cub after what Shuri said. Now I had to just name the cob.