17.

The training room smelled like sanitizer meaning that there had been bleeding during the last training session. I walked to the weapons shelf and took a katana into my hands. It was clearly there just in case because it was not well balanced but it had to do. 

-Nat I need you to shoot me,

 I said playing with the sword. She was clearly taken back by my request and looked at dad who seemed to be on the edge of a shutdown.

-With rubber bullets of course. I haven't have to dodge bullets for half a year.

Nat looked at me and back at dad who  calmed down the second I had said rubber bullets, walked to the armory and tookthe gun with rubber bullets.

We stood across the room on the opposite sides and took our stands.

-Now, shoot me somewhere you would shoot if you wanted to kill me,

I said, took a breath in and locked my eyes on her. She took a final look at dad for final comfirmation and took the shot. The rubber bullet struck me at my upper thigh. I hadn't felt that kind of pain in so long that I fell to my knees holding my the spot that got shot. Dad ran to me and mumbled something about me being foolish but in a loving tone. 

-It is okay. Lets try again. But you need to shoot me somewhere you would actually shoot your enemy. Not to stop them, but to kill them. I can only stop the bullet if I know what it is ment to do,

I said standing back up. Nat looked at me like I was crazy but did as I ad told her. This time I hit the bullet with my sword with only a slight movement of the hands,  making shocked Nat shoot again by accident. Again reflecting the bullet I moved the sword little to the right. Everyone just stood in silence and looked at the broken bullets on the floor.

-How-how did you do that? How'd you know where Nat was shooting?

Clint asked finally after what seemed like minutes of silence.

-O- it was easy. I just had to know where she was shooting based on what I expected and where her eyes were. Then I just had to move the sword between me and the bullet,

 I said: 

-For me it is almost as natural as breathing. I have been a target since I was three, so knowing how to defend myself was crucial.

 Now that I had shown them what I was capable of I could just explain the rest. Catching flying arrows and always hitting my target with any weapon wasn't that special compered to reflecting bullets.

-That was awesome! Hey, can Doe go to patrols with me?

 Peter asked after I had a talk with Fury about the possible threat the dimensional portal plays. Dad looked like he still wasn't sure about letting me be an Avenger and was in visible distress. I looked at his eyes and took his hand: 

-Dad can we talk? Just the two of us.

 He nodded and we went to my room to be alone.

Dad sat on my bed and I sat beside him. 

-Dad I know you want to protect me but this is something I need. I was brought up to be a killer and though I've let that behind me I still need something to fight for. I am a weapon. The question is, will you be the one who wields me?

 I spoke in rather cold manner. Dad looked at me almost tearing up: 

-But isn't that all in the past? I just can't see you in an armor fighting for your life.

I sighed he was right, in a way. No 13-year-old should heve been fighting in war like scenarios. But for me that was not an option anymore. 

-I-- That is-Achh! Someone once told me this is something we can't leave behind. But what we can learn is to control the urge to jump on people and to channel the violence in doing something good.

Dad stayed quiet. My point was kind of undebunkable I could see him wanting to argue against it.

-How about this. I star to work with Peter on his patrols but that's it? All other "hero-" work I do will be from the tower. That way I get an outlet to my need to fight those who do wrong but within the boundaries you have sett me as my father,

I finally suggested. He looked at me like the fragile girl he sew me as and answered:

- I'm fine with that with two conditions. First I get to design your suit  to be sure it's safe. And second if Stephen and I decide that there is something you should rather concentrate in you will at least try it.

He came up with the conditions so quickly it left me speechless for a second. I had to weight them well and see the effect of these conditions on my life. Finally I agreed and we could continue with our day. I went back to the training hall to restart my training. Dad probably headed to the laboratories to start on my suit. I would have liked to have the same suit I had previously but maybe leaving that behind would heve been for the best. I mean, if everything went well I could never go back there. It was for the best for both of these worlds that they remained separated. No matter how much I wanted to be in both of them.