25.

***Domino***

Before I had noticed a half a year had passed and the Christmas holidays began. I had began to think what to give everyone as a present when we had our thanksgiving dinner with the Avengers but hadn't figured out what to give everyone. Because all of my, Peter and Harley's money came from our parents, the most important part in the gifts was the idea behind it.

But the problem was that I wasn't that good in handcrafts and only papa would enjoy a book that he already didn't have. Of course they would be happy with anything I got them but I didn't want to take that rote. 

And I also wanted to give something for Shuri. She was my best friend after all and to exact, my only friend I spent time without Peter. Even though we had never met in person we had a special pond thanks to our video calls. And her I had a perfect gift in mind. I was going to give her a lack crystal panther I saw in a store when we were taking a walk in the city with Peter, dad and papa. But I was going to put a spell on it that made a small shining cat appear when she was tired but refusing to go to bed. For that I would need help from papa but I would ask for his help later because right now he seemed busy.

Dad said we would be spending the holidays in somewhere else so I wasn't planning on getting anything big for the other Avengers. But I was still trying to bake them some cookies, which I had never done before so I would have to do some as practice first. Unlike with many other thing I wasn't natural in baking or really with any other housework.

We also had an agreement with Ned and MJ that we wouldn't exchange gifts. I asked Peter who confirmed that that was because they didn't wan't us to give them expensive gifts as they couldn't do the same. But with Peter and Harley we had no such an agreement, so I had to figure out something. 

Also because we would leave few days before school ended, we wouldn't get our report cards before school beginning in February. That wasn't that bad for either of us as we were in top of our year, but our headmaster seemed to worry. He apparently hadn't seen our scores on the tests we had part took in or thought why I was three grades above my age.

But that would probably end soon. Just before thanksgiving dad and papa had asked to talk to me in private to make a proposal.

- Domino, do you remember we had a deal that if we  find you something to concentrate other than doing hero work you would at least try it?

Dad asked after he had made sure Peter was not eavesdropping on us. I looked at him and nodded. They sure had wasted no time to find that other focus.

- Well some time ago I met with one friend of mine, who proposed to me that you could enroll to a school for young witches and wizards. So- how would you feel about that?

Papa said after I had acknowledged our agreement.

- That sounds like it would be worth trying. Would I still live here? Also this is what the new books about magic and so one were for?

I said. Papa nodded to answer my latter question but nodded to dad to answer the forst one.

- Um- No. It is a boarding school and in Scotland.

Dad said but quickly continued after seeing my face shift:

-But of course you would come back for holidays and for summer. We are not trying to drive you away.

- And you still have to take an entrance exam because you haven't been in any magic school before.

Papa said as if he wanted to make this seem more like a special opportunity.

-That sounds great. That's what the new books are about, I assume.

I said and hoped that they didn't notice my forced enthusiasm. Papa nodded.

-Great. My friend Newt Scamander will come to the sanctum to help you perform the spells and potions you have to know to enter the school.

- So what is the name of this school anyway?

-It's called Hogwarts and the headmistress's name is Minerva McGonagall.

About the Hogwarts part of this AU/fanfic: I tried to look into which teachers would teach there in the 2000s but it will be lots of the same teachers as in the books. And because I haven't read the last book yet I really don't know who's dead and who's not. Soooooo--