27.

I stood in front a white and smaller version of the Wayne manor I used to call my home. Only this time I weren't in Gotham but in LA. And this time I wasn't expecting anything like this.

- It's not exactly like the manor in your memories but this was the closest I found without it being way too grand for us,

dad said as he opened the door and let us in. I was speechless. The entrance hall was like a miniature version of  that of the Wayne manor but had a more modern color pallet with white being the  primary color. Then I realized his words:

- Wait, the closest you could find. Do you mean that you chose where we would spend our holidays based on the memories I have of my previous home? And rented it for the time?

- Not rented bought. We were in need of a vacation house anyway. You don't like it. I just thought that your memories of that house felt happy so I thought that you could feel safe here and-

Dad's voice started cracking as he began to believe I might be offended.

- Feel safe? I never felt safe in that house. I couldn't be safe anywhere my grandfather could reach me,

I said and took his hand in mine.

- But I feel safe with you guys. And besides I have felt little homesick missing my brothers, father and everyone else. But I never even dreamed I could be reminded of them like this.

And as I said that  I felt papa taking us both in his arms. Peter and Harley joined our group hug and we only let go after Harley said:

-I'm hungry, can we eat something?

His words triggered the craziest laughter I had ever witnessed. The first able to talk was papa who answered still laughing a little:

- Sure. Let's order something. And while we wait we can settle in.

As we went to get to know the house I couldn't stop myself from compering this manor to the on I had known as my home before. The firs thing i noticed the fact this one was build fairly recently and had more light in. The  first floor had luxury kitchen and breakfast nook on the right side of the building and library/office on the left side. Behind the grand staircase there were french doors on both sides and behind them open concept living room and dining room with the biggest windows in the world showing the yard with all the flowers and the beautiful pool and deck.

- Maybe you should go chose your rooms upstairs. There will be two extra rooms and the master in the third floor is of course reserved for us but of the five rooms you can chose any you like.

Dad said and turned to papa who was in his own thoughts. Papa was reading a newspaper that had a picture of a man with funny cloak like clothing and was brought back only after dad touched his hand to get his attention.

Upstairs I automatically walked to where my room was in the Wayne manor. Though there there would have been Damian's room next door here there were only one door on the wall. I opened the door and walked in the room. It was nothing like the room I had had. This  room had windows on two walls and fairly modern furniture. I left my stuff next to the door and looked around. The room had nice king sized bed and two comfy looking armchairs under the window opening to the yard side. Only then I noticed the round corner that was covered by empty bookshelves and had ladder standing in the middle. I decided to see where they went and climbed few steps just to see the top. And what I saw made me decide I'd be taking this room. I saw a small round space with windows cowered in oriental curtains that reminded me of my room in Nanda Parbat. The same theme continued in the huge pillows that almost filled the space. Only the modern light didn't fit to the theme but weren't ugly either.

- So, you taking this?

I heard Peter's voice say. I came down and nodded to him.

- Okay then. Me and Harley chose the  two rooms on the right side of the house, so you'll be only one on this side if we don't get guests.

I left my bags in the room and followed Peter into the TV room in the middle of the second floor where Harley was trying to figure out the outdated home theater. 

- I thought you were supposed to be a genius with tech were you not?

I asked and sat next to him on the sofa. But even though me and Peter were about to roast him some more we heard papa calling for us to join him and dad for dinner.