31.

I opened the door to the shop and walked in. All the walls were covered in shelf that had small compartments in which there was one box in each.  There was also a counter under which I heard a voice that appeared to be looking for something.

- Excuse me.

I said to the counter.

- Could you help me please? I'm looking for a wand.

The sound under the counter stopped and a small older man came to the front of the counter to see me entirely. He looked me from head to toe and said:

- Are you sure you are in the right place? This isn't exactly a cheap shop.

I almost laughed at him. First because if he had asked that from me say little over three years ago he'd be dead now and then as I realized why he had asked. Firs of all papa had staid outside to finish his ice cream and secondly I was dressed to fly in a plain. I was wearing a plain white t-shirt and sweatpants with sneakers.

-Yes, I'm aware of the prices of this shop. Trust me money won't be a problem.

The man seemed to be ready to ask me to leave but then papa walked in.

- Domino have you started to look for a wand yet?

The man took one look at papa and seemed to be convinced of what I said. Though papa was also ready to sit in plane you could see from his clothes he had money. 

- No not yet. We must take her measurements first.

The man said as if that was what we were just about to do. 

Finding a wand that suited me the best took more time we first had thought. First wand the man who had told his name was Ethan Kiddell gave me to try was made from Blackthorn with unicorn hair core. Then came multiple wands made from Cypress with cores like dragon heartstring, Veela hair and more. Then he gave me a yew wand with thunderbird tail feather core and said that was already closer. 

- You have a nice collection of wands. Are they all made by you?

Papa said as mr. Kiddell had turned to look for the next wand for me to try.

- Oh god no. Some are made by me but many of these are wands I've collected around the world from stores that couldn't cell them. Some of these are over hundred years old. There try this one. Silver lime with thestral tail hair.

This wand was the most beautiful one out of any I had tried with the silvery color and even worked the best. But still mr Kiddell took it back saying it was close but still not quit the one for me.

- Could it be... I'm sorry you must excuse me for a second.

He said and went to the backroom of his shop. It took him some time to come back but when he did he had a box that seemed to be maid out of silver in his hands.

- This wand was made in the 17 hundreds when many rich witches and wizards from non-maj families came to be and every one of them wanted a glamorous and unique wands. Unfortunately many of them died at young age because of their insolence and need to own a wand that was fancy. And many wands were never sold because they never came to have children with the same values. These wands were hard to control and rarely actually suited their owner the right way. But lets see...

He said as he opened the box. The wand inside was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. The handle part ended in a carved half moon that seemed to lie on too green glass leafs that had a vine of glass going around the wand and ending on the tip of the wand.

-I know the glass seems a strange additional but it does work. Go ahead and try. Elder tree and thestral tail hair.

I lifted the wand and tried a simple levitation spell. I t worked perfectly.

- Well my friend are not going to believe me when I tell them I sold that wand. I haven't really even shown that wand to many costumers but it seems to suit you.

- Seems so.

I said and but the wand back on the counter so I could get enough money from the sack of coins we had.

We left the shop with me holding the silver box in my hands with the wand inside. Even though mr. Kiddell had said the class was enchanted to not be fragile I didn't want to take any risks. Papa looked at his watch as we were walking back to the main street and then said:

- I'm sorry Domino but we need to leave any further shopping to New York. We are already 30 minutes late from our original departure time.

The good thing about having a private plane was that the departure times were more to give you some idea of time. I turned to go to the book store to get to the non-magical word but papa stopped me. 

- we can get straight to the airport from here I think. Lets see... There.

We walked to a wall that to be honest seemed like it was supposed to have gate and had a text airport written on it. Papa asked me to take his had and then began to walk straight to the wall. But just before hitting the wall we went through and found ourselves from the busy airport. Now we just had to walk to the private plane terminal. Where we could meet up with the others and return home.