44.

The noise from the lively Diagon Alley drowned the fighting inside even in my sharp ears and gave me a chance to calm down. I used a breathing technique I had learned from dad to control the black out following the overstimulation and managed to get myself back together. As I was standing there leaning on the wall I heard a voice talking to me.

- Didn't get you as someone who's afraid of a little yelling.

I lifted my eyes from the pavement to see James standing infront of the shops door. He had managed to open and close the door without me notising him in my paniced state. I wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing. On the other hand I had gotten more relaxed and wasn't constantly getting ready to fend for my life, but on the other hand it might have also ment I was losing my edge and couldn't defend myself under a surprise attack. Anyhow I straightened myself and looked him in his bark brown eyes.

- It isn't about the yelling. You heve seen what shape a boggart takes infront of me. 

James nodded, now more serious. I continued.

- Mr. Malfoy just has the same aura. So I had to get out before- well never mind that.

He surprisigly realized I didn't want to talk about it so hi shanged the subject.

- Say- You look quite different from few months back- more athletic. What changed?

I was surprised he took that route in the conversation and he was right. I just hadn't noticed my muscles popping back up because I had been renewing my wardrobe and hadn't really gotten stronger. It had just been that the visible muscles had been developing. James must have thought I was offended because he continued.

- Not that it looks bad or anything. I just didn't take you for tha sporty type. Are you aiming to get in a quidditch house team in Hogwarts then?

- Wait. What's quidditch? Is it a sport?

James looked at me confused and quite frankly in disbelief.

- You don't know about quiddich? Your father is the litereal Sorcerer supreme. How can you not know what quidditch is?

That got me a bit offended and I crossed my arms on my chest.

- Well excuse me. But papa and me aren't really entwined with the everyday wizarding stuff, so the magic stuff I'm around is purely for study and research purposes. So, no I do not know what quidditch is and now I don't know if I want to know.

James was clearly taken aback by my reaction.

- Look I'm sorry I didn't mean anything.

He then looked around and his face lit up.

- Lucky for us there is a store that sells brooms and quidditch equipment. And they are probably showing the last worldcup on the window so come and I'll explane it.

I glanced in the shop where the brawl was still going on and decided it wouldn't hurt to get some distance to it. And papa could just call if he needed to find me. And since the store was literally on the otherside of the street he could most likely even see me from where he was.

So I followed James to the shop wich indeed was showing sort of video clips from the game. James then began to explane the game to me. He started from the three types of balls going from quaffle and how the base of the game went. Then he told the rools and game that involved bludgers. He finished his explanation with the snitch and how the seeker could be seen as the most important player in the game because of the hig point value of the snitch.

I was quite captivated by the game and came to have a desire to at the very least learn to play.

- Maybe I should buy a broom then.

I said to James who was telling me about him being in the house Gryffindoor team.

- Wait? You don't have a broom? Have you ever even flown?

His smirk turned to a bit worried look.

- Well I've flown before. Just not with a broomstick, that is.

After hearing this he turned to fully face me with somewhat sorry look on his face.

- In that case you should probably wait till next year before trying for a quidditch team. I don't mean anything bad with this, but most of the people in the teams heve been learning to play from their first year and in the Gryffindoor team the youngest last year was a fifth year. And they hade been flying from the first year.

I was kind of moved by James' reaction. I took it as him trying to protect my feelings. But at the same time it gave me the need to show him what I was made of.

- Well I'm not sure, if I want to play quidditch. But I at the very least want to learn how to fly a broom,

I said as I shrugged and moved to the stores door. And from the corner of my eye I saw James follow me inside the store.