3.

Now I understand what the "power" Raven talked about was. Fucking magic. When Raven and I went to meet Zatanna and Raven had said something to her she looked at me for second and said:

- So you had no idea that you would be able to do magic? Even your grandfather hadn't noticed?

- Well I was to become the head priestess so he may have had a hunch. But I have had nothing to make me think that magic could be within my reach.

I answered. Stupid question. If i knew wouldn't I have been using and training magic?

- So would you like to learn to use magic? Raven and I  could teach you.

Zatanna said. Raven looked back at me and cave me something of a smile. I thought about it a little. Now that we know that grandfather didn't die after all, it cold be dangerous for me or even for Damian. But on another had I could become way stronger.

- I guess I can at the very least give it a try. But no one can know, okay? I don't want to start a shit storm. And I'd never hear the end of it, if this won't work.

They nodded and we made some agreements how to work around this. Still, I remained little worried about how to hide this from my family. Since everyone was more or less a detective. Especially Damian will be hard to distract because he somewhat wants to still be in control of me.

***Time skip***

Some music for the chapter:

So time had passed since me and Damian started in the team and I started studying magic with Zatanna and Raven. Raven and I had even become close or something. With us both being more or less emotionless it may have been hard to tell. But at least we had bonded through magic and spended a lot time together.

- Okay we have a mission!

Miss Martian said walking in the room with Steel and Superboy.

- We will go as one team but everyone wont be coming. Those who are coming are me, Steal, Superboy, Robin, Raven, Kid Flash, Beast boy and Sparrow.

This formation felt weird so different compered to any before. 

- I have a bad feeling about this mission.

I whispered to Damian when we assembled near the bio ship. He nodded. Everyone climbed on board and we left for the mission.

- So this mission will be a little different. We have detected some unusual activity in the south pole ad decided to investigate. The team we go in as, is formed like this because we don't exactly know what will wait for  us. 

Miss Martian exclaimed.

- We are here, everybody ready? Drop zone A: Robin and Sparrow. GO!

Me and Damian jumped out and floated down using our capes as parachutes. 

When we hit the ground we started to run towards the meeting point observing our surroundings for someone or something suspicious. About 100 meters before we reach the point we find our selves surrounded by members of the League of Assassins. 

- Shit. This means that grandfather is here too.

Damian said. 

- Now what. Do we fight our way out or what?

I asked,

- Do you think this is a trap?

- Of course we fight. If this is a trap we will just break it. It's not like these guys have a chance against us,

Damian answered and we charged against the enemy. We were little over powered since we had been partly in charge of training the members back when we were still in the league. After we had won the fight we started running even faster to the meeting point.

At the point we were the first to arrive and find the cause of the unusual activity. A huge electric storm spiraling over a metallic platform and grandfather standing next to Klarion who was shouting spells in the spiral.

-What is this? An electric storm? For what?

Kid Flash ran next to us after the rest of the team arrived. He made Grandfather notice us and leave Klarion's side to talk to us.

- Welcome young heroes, to witness the new era where we will be able to meet people from other worlds. 

Then he saw Damian and me.

- And for you my dear grandchildren. Will you join me or will you fall with your friends?

- Wait? grandchildren? You guys are related to Ra's al Ghoul?

Beast boy said and made some of the team members look us different. Thanks man.

What happened next was fast. First it seemed that our team was going to turn on us then The spiral went crazy and in the next second grandfather and Klarion were gone. We started to make a strategy to stop the spiral. We couldn't make it stop but then Raven and I noticed that the spiral wasn't just electric, it also had large quantities of magic we came up with a plan to stop it with our own  magic.

But something went wrong and I ended up in the spiral. It kept tearing my clothes and cave me bruises. I had to do something. So I yelled a spell to stop the spiral.

- POTS!

And everything stopped. I felt everything go black and I felt my consciousness slowly sliding away. Someone was clling for me from far away.

And more music: