Chapter 46: The Enchanted Forest

Tangled with Chase was not expected when I was woken up this morning. His leg lazily was curled around mine as his arm wrapped around my waist holding me close to his chest. His heart steadily pumped under my ear slowly drifting me back to sleep. My mouth opened forcing out a yawn as the morning was welcomed into my being.

Chase snored quietly above me as his lips parted slightly agape. It was cute. His hair tousled with him looking calm in such a peaceful nature. He looks so beautiful. Even while sleeping he looks breathtaking. It almost makes me jealous.

Even though the moment desired to last longer, I knew it was time to get up. Still, to get myself untangled without waking up Chase would be the real challenge. Uncurling my leg from his was fortunately the easy part, now all was left was removing myself from the rest of him.

This was no simple task. It was either risk waking him from movement, or risk waking him up to then escape, which can be fair to say will end in further embarrassment and awkwardness. And we both know we can't live to tolerate these excuses. There was only one thing to do but it didn't want to be done.

Carefully lifting his arm, I move it over toward him where it was now available to get out from under him. Chase slept through it all as I maneuvered myself off and away from him so he wouldn't be able to wake up before me. Genius.

Going downstairs, I made the two of us some breakfast. Two plates of hard boiled eggs, jellied toast, and a bowl of  sliced strawberries and mango were served. Bringing them back up to the room, Chase was still lazily sleeping in my bed.

I knocked on the wood making my presence known so he would awaken. He stirred in his sleep, blinking his eyes open to smile when he focused on me. I returned the gesture as I brought in breakfast putting the tray of food on the bed.

"Good morning. You look nice." He said as I couldn't help but blush at his early flattery even though I had done nothing. "Ooh is that what I think it is?"

"Yes, sir. It is." I grinned as I placed his plate in his lap.

"Why, thank you." said Chase after taking a bite. "Absolutely delicious."

I smiled as a thank you for his compliment as we ate. It was a nice little thing that we did together. I don't think we've have one separate meal away from each other. It really has been just the two of us against the world. And of course, Enoch too. But considering his place, Enoch hasn't been a long part of it. It's really just been the two of us.

After breakfast, I picked up our plates and set them on the tray before taking them downstairs to clean them. One of the most important rules Enoch told us was to always ALWAYS clean up after ourselves no matter what we bring out. Second rule applied as well to we break it we fix it. As carefree and laidback as Enoch is, he sure can be by the book.

Once the dishes were done, dried, and put away, I went down to the next floor to the library to keep following on my studying. There was still so much to learn and so little time. After reading a few chapters it still felt like I was getting no where. It was useless. Just the same information all over again or something that was already known. The index sure proved that. It was all going in circles.

With a defeated groan, I flipped the book closed before tossing it harshly on the table. My fingers met my temples to rub out the increasing headache that's been slowly pestering me for the past half hour.

"Why don't we go for a walk?" suggested Chase as his hands met my shoulders from behind, gently massaging my sore neck muscles without having to ask. My body immediately relaxed upon contact as his palms worked magic. He was being so courteous.

I grunt in objectification. "No time. We go after the Queen tomorrow."

"And what better time than to for a nice long walk? Come on. We need the fresh air." He encouraged, digging his thumbs into the spine of my neck surely digging out those hard knots. "Besides, it'll clear our heads a bit. We could use a break, don't you think?"