Chapter 26: An Unknown Story

Chase Redford and I left the Red Queen's castle. I couldn't help but stare up at the sky. There it was. The horrible curse still inflicted on our land. It used to be so beautiful and colorful and bright and had the life and wackiness with it. Now it was less so, and more dull like it had an expiration date. And nobody knew when the world would get completely rotten for it to fall apart. It's already damaged enough as it is.

Chase had put on clean clothes and his polished armor back on before leaving the castle and finding his horse. He helped me up first before getting in himself with him behind me. I felt like I was in an awkward position. But what could I do?

We went off. The three of us went to the garden of talking flowers were. We strolled around making light conversation with the garden, talking to the roses and the lilacs.

"As we go along the story of Chase and Isabella's adventure through the Wonderland garden, a new problem arises back in Ever After..." I hear the female narrator announce.

"Let's go take a look and see what Alistair is up to this morning, and see if he'll figure out this puzzle..." said the male narrator.

"Mom! Dad! What about Izzy?"

"Don't worry, we'll be back." The male narrator said coolly to his daughter. I could hear the pages flipping to Alistair's story. All I could hope for was that he was going to find out soon.

"Did you miss us, Chase?" asked one of the little forget-me-nots. The feminine flower blushed, it's leaf rising to her cheek in a blush when Chase gave her a smile.

"Of course, bud." Chase said.

"You sure don't come around here much anymore," said the golden daffodil.

"Aww well I've been busy." said Chase. "I'm not a kid anymore. I've got duties and responsibilities. You guys understand. But I brought a friend! You all remember Isabella?"

"Oh yes, the White Queen's daughter." A few flowers turned their petals the other way, not taking it kindly of my presence. I bit my lower lip, anxiety already filling in. I shouldn't be here. They clearly don't want me to.

"What's the matter?" asked Chase, looking at them all curiously. I turned away ready to walk back. I didn't want to be here any longer. I knew I wasn't welcome. Chase stopped me, gently raising a hand to my shoulder for me to turn back around and join them.

"It's her! Her mom is the worst!" One of the daffodils said.

"Yeah! She fled our land!" added a rose. "And she's apart of it! Why would she leave us?"

"The red queen stayed. Why couldn't white?" A young lilac asked. I looked back at all of them and then back at Chase. He didn't know what to tell them. I didn't either.

"She doesn't care about us!" A bed of baby roses began to cry, sobbing and creating a storm with their tears as it flooded the earth.

"She's so selfish!" A daisy cried too. Chase and I began to panic. I know I haven't said anything but what could I have done to cheer them up? Chase was trying everything in his willpower to get them calm, but it wasn't working.

"She was supposed to be our queen! Our defender!" Another flower cried as more and more flowers sobbed and cried at the loss of their queen. They were flooding the whole earth with their tears soaking my feet and Chase's.

"I know my mother is terrible but please!" I said raising my voice hoping to gain their attention. "There's no need for all of these tears. It's okay to be sad about it, what she did was horrible. But please, let's calm down and talk about this."