Chapter 10: Wonderland Reunion

Top picture is of Jinx Jabbers ^^^

Chapter 10: Wonderland Reunion

I came to a halt as I almost tripped over a large tree stump. Except, I felt someone bump into me causing me to actually fall to the ground. I gasped at the impact, but I ignored the pain as I looked up.

In front of me, I saw two people in front of me. They were twins, only they didn't look anything alike. They was obviously fraternal.

On the left, was a tall boy with only the tannest of skin. It was like a creamy soft brown that looked as delicate as a daisy. He had bright orange eyes that shone brighter than the evening sun. The boy had dark green shaggy hair that fell right below his forehead. A smirk appeared on his chapped lips with fangs poking out below.

Beside him, was his sister. She had the not as dark of skin tone as her brother. She had dark pink eyes that resembled a rose. She had gorgeous long brownish red colored hair that went down to her back, pulled carefully back into a ponytail. Along with cherry red stained lips, she had fangs poking out from below.

"Well, well, well. . . Look who it is, Vic. It's the girl who set us free all those years ago." The girl stated as she bent down to my level. I got a closer look at her and I could see how dangerously sharp her fangs just were.

"It is?" The boy had inched closer to me. He held out a hand for me to take and I gladly took it as he helped me to my feet.

"Thank you," I said as I gave him a soft smile.

"Any time," he grinned back, his fangs making it clear that he would make a clean cut out of anything. He didn't seem threatening in any way, but I didn't want to get on his bad side if anything happened.

"Who are you?" Bunny asked.

"Aw, the poor thing doesn't recognize us?" The girl pouted in fake sadness. "The name's Jinx Jabbers, Hun."

"And I'm Vic," the boy added. "Son and daughter of the jabberwocky." Everyone besides me gasped in shock. Well, wasn't it obvious?

"How did you find your way to Ever After?" I asked curiously.

"Through the well. It's the only portal that wasn't sealed." Vic explained.

"Why are you here?" Alistair asked.

"What do you think, pretty boy?" Jinx smirked triumphantly as she gave him a wink. Alistair glowered down at the two in distrust.

"You're not here to cause danger to anyone, right?" Lizzie asked. The girl mocked her with laughter.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," Jinx grinned wickedly. Lizzie's eyes widened in fear as she backed up slowly while only taking baby steps. "Oh, and we're not the only ones here."

"Who else could possibly be in Ever After?" I questioned.

"It's August Hare. . . He's been chasing us since we escaped." Vic answered.

"Why?" Kitty asked.

"Why don't you go ask him yourself," Jinx snarled, "besides, it's not like he's going to find us. He's lost us several times do to his ADHD. Poor thing. . . I bet his father the March Hare must be so disappointed he can't do a single thing right."

"Don't talk about him that way! He was our very best friend! Well, at least he was to me. Just because he had ADHD doesn't mean there's something wrong with him." I defended.

"What about that he flirted with you all the time?" Alistair pitched in. I completely forgot about that. I didn't know how I could forget it. Constantly, he would spend most of his time trying to get me to be his girlfriend. Of course I never gave in, well, except this one time. . .

"Oh yeah! I remember when you told me you even had a slight crush on him!" Lizzie said with a giggle. I felt my face burn with embarrassment.

"Aw! August and Isabella!" Jinx cooed. "August and Isabella sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a -"

"Enough!" I interrupted. "Can we not talk about this? It was chapters ago when it happened. It's mutual now. Besides, he flirted with every girl in Wonderland."

"He did flirt with you the most," Kitty said.

"And you did like him back," Maddie added.

"And--"

"Why are we still talking about this?!" I cried out. I mean, seriously!

"Well, either way, we gotta fly." Jinx smirked as she began to sprout wings from her back. "Hex ya later!"

Just then, I saw something poking out of the bushes. A bunny hopped out and transformed into a tall man. He ran towards the two right before they sprung into the air and tackled them to the ground.

"Gotcha, you little pesky Jabberwockies!" His voice rang through my ears. His sandy blonde hair swayed with every movement he made as his sapphire blue eyes focused on the twins as he studied them. His natural rosy flushed face was drowned in drops of sweat that covered his forehead and down to his nose.

"Is that--?" Alistair said.

"August?" I finished. August had immediately stopped what he was doing and looked up to face all of us, or most likely me.

"My! My! What a wonderful surprise! The flower blooms beautifully in the light of day." August grinned as he walked up to me. Basically, what he said was that it was a pleasure to finally see me again. He stooped low kneeling before me and took my hand as he brought it to his lips and caressed it gently. I looked away in embarrassment as I felt my cheeks heat up.

He stood back up till we were eye level. He grinned that same old cheeky grin that I could just never get out of my head. It was mesmerizing just by looking at it. The way his lips circled and the dimple in the left side creased.

"August, I missed you so much. It's been years since we last seen each other." I said as I pulled him into my embrace. "Where have you been after all this time?" We then pulled away.

"Searching for the jabbers and catch them, hence the two laying over there." He said as he jabbed his thumb in their direction. He then turned back to me. "Other than that, I've been thinking about you." He winked at me in a flirtatious way. "What about you, my love?" I rolled my eyes.

"Well, you know me. Always getting into trouble wherever I go." I said. A chuckle escaped his perfect pink colored lips. Sudden nostalgia went through me as I remembered when he would always laugh whenever I got caught with chaos hanging onto my shoulders.

"Hey, lovebirds! Are you done or do we need to give you two some privacy?" I heard Jinx snicker at the two of us. I turned towards her to see her struggling to get out of a net which she was tangled together with Vic.

"Sorry," I mumbled. August ran over to then quickly and picked them up with them still tangled in the net.

"Why don't you two fly back to your mother, aye?" August smirked as he untangled them.

"As if! We just got here! We're gonna check this place out." Jinx said as Vic and her flew off at incredible speed leaving a gush of wind behind.

"Well then." August muttered. "There goes that."

"Why don't you stay in Ever After, August?" Maddie said with a laugh. "It would be so much fun!"

"I guess I could. That way, I can see more of you." August smirked as he winked at me in a flirtatious way.

"You never change, do you, August?" I rolled my eyes. We all walked back to the school while we all talked about what the school was like so far. This was going to be a long journey ahead of us for sure. . .

Hi! Just a reminder to don't forget to vote! Thank you for all your love and support! ❤️