Chapter 28: A Little Help

Hiding in Chase's room sucked. I didn't want to be stuck in here for an entire month. Which, hopefully, I may not have to. I can probably just sneak out and stay at my castle and hide in my room. But then again, I completely forgot. . . It was destroyed. There was no going back. How could I not remember that? Well, I have been locked in a prison cell. And that, was because my mother was greedy and wanted to have the throne when in fact, there was not a bone in my body that wanted the crown. This really does suck.

"Are you hungry? Want some lunch?" Chase asked me getting up from his bed. My stomach grumbled loudly answering him before even I could. "What are you hungry for? Pasta? Pizza? Sandwiches? Anything else?"

"I really don't care. I just want something in my belly." I said with a shrug but came to actually think about it. I was hungry. "Sandwiches sound nice. With chips. And some fruit. Oh, and can you get me a juice box?"

"You got it!" Chase said before leaving the bedroom leaving me alone. I let out a heavy sigh. I was starving. There was no memory from the last time of sticking food in my mouth. My stomach felt smaller. And so did my appetite. But today, I needed something. My body was growing weaker as it was getting tinier. It could've been over a week of not eating. There was no certainty of when. Everything has been hectic and chaotic. There was no telling.

After a while, Chase had finally came back. He had a huge picnic basket that wasn't exactly discreet. He took out everything. Half foot long sandwiches were pulled out from the basket along with a big bag of chips, a bowl of mixed berries, and a glass bottle of juice, that was definitely not in a box.

"What is this?" I asked him while examining the bottle reading the fancy cursive words.

"It said cranberry. I don't know." Chase shrugged while stuffing his face. I looked closer at the label.

"Dude, this is alcohol! We're in a children's tale." I said shaking my head at him. "We can't drink this. We're too young and it's dumb. Where'd you even get this?"

"In the juice cabinet." said Chase matter of factly, a smug grin in his cheeks playfully. "Look, don't worry about it. Just eat your sandwich or I will." Chase shoved his food in his mouth.

With a sigh of doubt, the bottle of wine was put away before eating my sandwich that was partly dry. It needed mayo. Perhaps a few vegetables too. I couldn't complain. I was so hungry I forgot how it felt to chew. It really has been a long time hasn't it?

I couldn't even finish the whole sandwich. I had taken a few bites out of half of it and had two strawberries already feeling ill to my stomach knowing I wouldn't be able to finish the rest. Chase shrugged and ate the rest of my food quickly after he finished his.

"So now what?" I asked him, crossing my arms over my torso looking at him as he began to put things back in the basket. "What are we supposed to do now? I don't want to just sit around waiting until it's my aunts birthday."

"Wanna sneak out?" Chase asked me. I blinked at him oddly.

"You? You wanna sneak out? Are you sick?" I asked him curiously. This was entirely new. Chase was always about following the rules. What on earth has got him to change his mind?

"Yeah, why not?" He shrugged his shoulders. "We could use the fresh air. Besides, I know a place you haven't been to yet. It's a hideout of mine not even the Red Queen can find. If she, ya know, looked for it herself for once and got off her fat butt once in awhile."

"That's so mean. I'm in." I gave him a smile. He smiled back. He went to go get dressed and to put his armor back on.

"Just give me a minute." said Chase while getting his armor polished and ready.