Chapter 19: A Birthday Twist

I left Alistair's room and left the boys side of the dormitories. I went back to my side of the dorms. I didn't even know what to do at this point. I didn't have a lot of friends or anyone to talk to. Of course there are my Wonderlandian friends. It's been a minute since speaking to Lizzie. Maybe I should see what she's up to.

Without a second thought, I dragged my finger with a slight flick in the air where a large holographic white chess piece of a pawn appeared. A chant-like riddle sprouted from my lips as I commanded the chess piece to transform into what I needed. A mirror like pawn was made, the hologram turning into a camera. From that, the scene before me changed. I was staring into the mirror, seeing Kitty Cheshire, Maddie, and Lizzie Hearts all grouped together in the dorm room. They're just down the hall. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I pop in.

Closing the white pawn, I took a deep breath preparing myself mentally. I left my room quickly before making my way down the hall before knocking on Kitty's door. Almost instantly the door opened to a grinning Kitty Cheshire.

"Hey, Izzy! What's up?" she asked me opening the door widely seeing all my friends behind her. I waved at them as they waved back.

"Oh nothing, I haven't seen or spoken to you guys in awhile and I figured I could see my girls." I said as she let me come inside the room waving at all my friends. "What're you guys talking about?"

"Just how cute Alistair and Bunny are together!" Lizzie Hearts said. I scrunched up my face but regained my composure to hide any passive feelings towards that. Why does everyone keep talking about it?

"They do make a cute couple," added Maddie as she took a sip of her cup of tea. She was sitting down at her little tea table enjoying herself. I pushed all my feelings down. I couldn't get upset at them. I wasn't. It was mostly Bunny anyways and how she treated me.

"I heard about you and Dexter," said Kitty Cheshire taking a step closer toward me. She put a gentle hand on my shoulder to comfort me. I smiled at her genuinely.

"I'm alright. It's fine. It happens. Besides, he'll be happier with Raven." I said trying to not make it look as bad as I was feeling.

"They did seem to have that certain spark. It was obvious they liked each other." said Lizzie Hearts. "Then again, I remember seeing that spark somewhere else. It was with Alistair and somebody else before Bunny. What they have is different. It's real and genuine. But from what I've witnessed before this was more. . . wondrous, I suppose you could say. More magical and true. Does that make sense?"

"With who?" asked Maddie. I was curious to know as well. I remember him telling me he liked someone else, but he never mentioned who.

"I cannot say," said Lizzie with a slight blush to her cheeks as she looked away nervously.

"Do you suppose it's one of us?" asked Kitty Cheshire with a raised brow.

"One of. . . yes, that part is correct. But I give no more than I've already mentioned."

"Any who! Who wants some tea?" Madeline said as she poured herself another cup of tea.

"I'll gladly have a cup, Maddie," I said with a smile sitting down across from her. Lizzie Hearts did the same as so did Kitty. She poured us all a cup while I put some sugar in mine.

We continued to talk for a brief while. Mainly about Wonderland, asking me how it was while I was trapped there while they were all here in Ever After.

"It may be a little. . . messy over there. But don't any of you miss it?" I asked them taking a sip of my lady grey.

"Yes, I miss my home. My mother." Lizzie said solemnly.