Chapter 24: And Worse

I ran off. There was only one place for me left to go. That was the enchanted forest. Running deep in the woods, I went back to where I had ended up last time with that girl for her birthday party. I saw the mushroom seat and the little cave. There still were some popcorn kernels left. I was left alone.

Perhaps it was a good thing. I wouldn't hurt anyone else. Everyone would be safe. And I would be out of the situation. For now. People still hate me. Make that with everyone still hating me. It left me confused. Maybe this was well deserved. Maybe I did earn this kind of punishment. But for what? Hanging out with my best friend? Being in a closet together? Breaking up with Dexter? He's fine. He's happy. He has Raven now. They're both happy.

But for me, I had nobody. It seemed like no one was really on my side during all of this. Bunny hates me now. Apple created the rumors and spread the feud between me and everyone else, making me look like the bad person who got between Bunny and Alistair's relationship. I was the bad guy now. This isn't my story. I'm not supposed to be a villain here. I didn't want this. This is not what I need right now. But it is how it is. And I can't change anything about it.

Everyone hates me. There was a brick wall with me on one side and every one else on the other. And that's a ton of people. That's practically the whole school.

I truly am alone.

Nobody cares about me anymore. If August didn't ditch me, maybe this could've been cleared up. No, I shouldn't blame him. What he said shouldn't have created the whole mess that is mine alone now. It was my burden to carry. No one else's. And I had to face it alone. And it sucked. Usually I can be fine by myself. But not like this. I was facing this crisis on my own. It's just too overwhelming for me to handle it all.

I just wanted a break from this madness. No, this is chaos. I'm just sick of everything going all wrong all at once. Everything was falling apart. I was so tired. Just thinking about all of my problems made my stomach and head hurt. Either that or it was from not eating.

I curled up into a ball on the grass, holding my knees close to my chest as my body grew weaker and my sight grew dim, falling asleep on the soft earth beneath me.

Waking back up was worse. My whole being ached and hurt. My muscles were sore and I just felt dizzy. I felt sick. My stomach was in horrible knots with an awful pit that made me anxious.

Looking around, I notice the sky getting darker and the air getting cooler. I had to get back to the school before I would freeze. However, that got me to think. What was the point? I didn't want to go back. Everyone hates me. There was no point for me to be there. I wouldn't want to go back. But where else could I go?

It's not like I could go back to Wonderland. Why would I do that? I would be alone. It would most likely just end up being the Red Queen and me, and she'd most definitely put me back in my prison cell of a bedroom. Not fun. There was nothing to do except play chess or read my books. And that can be so boring sometimes. More like all the time.

The walk back was lonely. But now, I was used to it. The night was quiet except for the creatures chirping as the moon arose up the sky. My footsteps were light through the forest until they reached the cobblestone ground that reached the campus of the school.

With a sigh, I mentally prepared myself for what was ahead. I didn't know what to expect when entering the school. However, I wasn't expecting a pixie to completely tackle me down to the ground with sparkle in my eyes.

My head hit pretty hard to the ground. But that wasn't what fazed me. It was the same girl who I celebrated with her birthday who was grinning wildly in my face.