Chapter 27: A New Point of View

Chapter 27: A New Point Of View

I woke up with an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something was wrong. There was no explanation or rational feeling about whatever my body was trying to tell me. Pushing the feelings aside, it had to just be an upset stomach or something bad I had eaten the night before. There couldn't be time to dwell on it. Trying to ignore the pain as best as I could, I continued on with my morning routine.

I got out of the bed, my feet planting onto the cold hardwood floor. Sleepily, my feet slide over to the wardrobe, taking out my usual clean jeans, shirt, and coat and putting them on. I grabbed my socks and my boots putting my whole look together.

Glancing over to where my roommate was still sleeping in his bed, I begin to make my way toward the restroom to freshen up. My roommate was left unbothered as he continued to snooze the morning away. The last time I tried to wake him up he wouldn't stop leave me alone, constantly playing his electric guitar in my ear just to drive me crazy. He was very petty about it. But, it made me learn my lesson.

I brushed my pearly whites with my wet toothbrush, putting on some peppermint toothpaste, and running it back over in the water before cleaning my teeth. Afterwards, I found my comb and ran it through my sandy blond hair, brushing out any knots from my bed head and taming any wild strands with some water from the sink. My reflection looked back at me with a grin, a wanting to have a good day for once and not to let this end so badly as it did yesterday.

My only hope was that Izzy was okay. I know she's been going through a lot, and I had no personal idea of what was between her and Bunny. They had to work on their relationship. It's too much to handle some times. As much as I'd love to help and make light of the situation, I knew it wasn't my place to fix this problem. They had to work on it together to make amends.

Satisfied with my appearance, I left the bathroom finding my roommate just now waking up. His red hair was everywhere as it stood on its ends putting a smile to my face for how silly it looked. I shook my head casually, grabbing my things before finally deciding to leave the dorm bedroom, but not before a little morning chat.

"You're going to be late. You don't want to miss that test in second period. It's a real doozy." I said to him. His eyes shifted to me, expressionless, before shoving an unkind finger in my direction without speaking a word. He was not a morning person. He will be when he starts to practice his guitar, but until then, it's like he's a demon in the waking. It can be a nightmare sometimes.

I pierced my lips together awkwardly before taking leave of my dorm room. I went down the hall and through the many flights of stairs. Reaching the hall of my first classroom, I was instantly pulled into a small hug from behind taking me completely off guard. I looked down to see pink arms.

That same pit arose in my stomach. I shook my head ignoring my wandering thoughts and turned around to see Bunny staring at me with a smile to her cute little cheeks. I frowned at her. I still was upset with what she did to Iz yesterday.

"You know we broke up, right?" I asked her. Her ears lowered, a frown to her lips before suddenly becoming timid. "Look, I'm sorry, Bun. But you need to work things out with Iz. Why don't you go talk to her, okay? No more of this fighting or disagreements. Can't we just come together like we used to?"

"No." said Bunny so simply. "Besides, I don't think we have to worry about her anymore. I'm happier more than ever! Everything is going to be okay, alright? Can't you just take me back already? I missed you, Alistair."

"I. . . I still have some things to work out myself." I said looking away from her. My eyes tightened shut. All I could think about was Izzy. I could never get her out of my head. She was all I could ever think about. I felt so bad. It was never Bunny. I didn't like her the same way I did Iz. And being with her proved where my feelings were. I was with the wrong girl.