Chapter 9: Dangers

Chapter 9: Dangers

I finally managed to get out of my bed and towards the castle-teria to grab some food for my roaring stomach.

I grabbed my tray and only took a salad with a cup of blueberries and water and made my way to find a seat somewhere. As I walked, I looked in every direction to find an available seat. I saw Bunny sitting with a group of people, and Alistair being pulled in with a bunch of guys. As I looked, I wasn't paying any attention in front of me.

I felt a strong force hitting me and causing me to fall to the floor. My tray slipped out of my hands and I felt my salad and my blueberries crash on top of me. I felt a splash of water soak me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I should've looked where I was going! I'm so stupid!" The person blurted. His voice sounded familiar. I looked up and realized it was only Dexter Charming.

He offered a hand and I took it. He helped me to my feet and I watched him pull off a crouton from my face.

"It's okay. Accidents happen." I shrugged. The salad didn't really bother me like the ice cold water did which drenched me.

"Let me help you," I heard him say as he pulled a tomato out of my hair. "I didn't mean for this to happen. I'm so sorry."

"Hey, I said it was okay. Bad things happen. And they happen a lot to me." I muttered the last part so he wouldn't hear.

Dexter handed me a napkin and I gradually took it as I wiped off my face where the honey mustard dressing splattered on me. I looked at my dress. Oh no, I'm going to have so many stains.

"I still am so terribly sorry," he apologized once more. He escorted me to a place to sit down and I gradually took the seat in front of me. He sat down beside me and took out a blueberry from my hair.

"Well, I sure am glad I chose the salad over the mystery meat and mashed potatoes. Now that would've been a mess." I said with a small laugh. Dexter laughed along with me as he pulled some lettuce off of my dress.

"That's unusual," I heard him mutter.

"What's unusual?" I asked as I took a carrot off of my shoulder.

"If any other princess had gotten themselves covered in food, they'd freak out and start panicking. You don't. You're different." Dexter commented with a special gleam in his eye. Or was that his glasses?

"So I've been told," I gently smiled. He helped get all the blueberries and salad out of my hair. "Did I miss any?"

"I don't think so," he said.

"I wish I could get more food." I groaned. I had forgotten you could only get what you wanted once and not anymore. I thought it was stupid.

"Yeah. . . Hey! You can share with me." Dexter said as he pulled out his lunch out of nowhere. I looked to see a cheeseburger, a large side of French fries and a cup of blueberries.

"You don't have to," I said.

"I should though. I did ruin your lunch and I do owe you anyways. So why not?" He simply said. I sighed hesitantly before giving in to his settlement.

"Alright," I said as I took a fry and tossed it in my mouth. He grinned at me and I returned the gesture.

"So, what was that about your mother earlier today? It went all over the Mirror." Dexter asked as he took a sip from his Prince Pepper. I groaned as  the thought appeared in my mind. Now everyone knows. . .

"Not good things. I got mad, she got mad. She yelled, I yelled. She's oblivious to my pain, I cried. All of that kind of stuff." I said like it was no big deal. Well, it was and it wasn't.