Chapter 25: To Rock Bottom

Headmaster Grimm had gotten Madame Baba Yaga into his office, making her put a hex on me so I couldn't run away. I had to be within a certain limit of distance before I would receive a nasty shock. I didn't believe it, until I tried. It was like electric eels and wasps penetrating my whole body in an electric current that felt like it could restart my heart. It hurt.

I was following closely behind the headmaster as he led me deep into the dark forest. My feet slowly kept up with him as I followed his from behind. I didn't want to walk anywhere beside him. There was no way I could ever come to liking this man.

The narrators were speaking to each other as usual, narrating the story as they would normally do. Brooke Page gave her commentary wanting to interrupt the story. Even then I wanted this story to definitely be put on hold or at least shelved.

"How come Headmaster Grimm wanted to get rid of her when he had plenty of other unruly students he dislikes?" Brooke Page asked her parents, leaving me with a sigh. Thankfully the headmaster couldn't hear them.

"Let's save that for another story, dear," her father said. Brooke let out a frustrated sigh. Then again I was kind of curious too. But I didn't say anything. I didn't need the headmaster to think I was more crazy than I already was.

"Hurry up, you don't want another shock, do you?" Headmaster Grimm said annoyed. I sighed in defeat, picking up my pace as I got nearer, but never too close. He smells sweaty.

Then, we reached it. The well of wonder in all its glittering glory. It was so pretty. Too bad he was about to push me in.

"Any last words before you get sent back to your creepy land?" Headmaster Grimm asked, wanting to get this over with as quickly as possible.

"Yeah, I do!" I said rather rashly. I had so much on my mind that I wanted to yell at him. "You suck! And you smell like cheese! And you're the worst headmaster in the history of headmasters! Favoring students over others because they have a good story! Well, I'll tell you what, Head-ass-ter Grimm, you're a fraud! An ugly one too! Your brother would be better than you and I don't even know him!"

"Okay, I've heard enough from that filthy mouth of yours!" He said pulling me toward the well. "To think that I was having second thoughts, but you belong in that dangerous topsy turvy madness! I'll be glad to never see you ever again in my school. As much as the worlds stay separate, you should too from my world, and my school."

"And another thing," I said before he could push me, "you can take your stupid rules and stick it up your —"

His hands gave me one hard nudge that pushed me over the edge and into the well. I screamed loudly the whole way down feeling a wave of electricity waver through me, setting my body ablaze as I crashed into the water that relieved it instantly.

I was pushed and pulled through the heavy current, holding my breath for what felt like forever until I was spat up from a creek into the early morning of the Wonderland woods. I felt the sand underneath me as I took heavy breaths to regain air back in my lungs. My feet were bare. My shoes must have fell off while I was pushed into the well of wonder.

Light was beginning to peak from the sky. The slight time difference was everything that I knew that it was late back in Ever After, and that I was now trapped back in Wonderland. There was no telling if the headmaster destroyed the well of wonder so I could go back.

Great. Now all my biggest fears were alive. Just what I hated. Being back home, alone, and without my best friend. And I didn't even get to tell him goodbye. . .

I couldn't help but cry. I was so sad. I was tired of everything, and now? Everything I was afraid of is happening right before me. I'm alone in Wonderland. I don't have any friends here. Not even Courtly Jester could fix this. Not like she could, or would. . .