Chapter 11: Honor to us All

Authors Note: I've added a new character because I was requested to do so by my best friend's little step sister. So yeah! Here she is at the top ^^^

Chapter 11: Honor to us All

"So, this is what it's like?" August said in wonder as he stared up at the school. "Seems ordinary to me."

When he said ordinary, I couldn't help but think of what things could possibly be ordinary in Wonderland. So many possibilities that the thoughts were endless.

"Yeah, it's alright on the inside. Most of the people here are actually really nice. I already have so many friends." Bunny said with a soft smile.

"Alright," August said with a click of his tongue. His left bunny ear twitched in delight as we walked through the halls.

"So, what exactly brings you here to Ever After?" Kitty asked.

"I found the Jabbers going down the well of wonder and I got suspicious. And so, that led me here." August confirmed.

"Oh, that's interesting. So, when will you be returning?" Alistair asked with a hopeful gleam in his eyes.

"Returning? No way! I just got here. There's no way I'm going now or any time soon. Besides, Isabella and I have some catching up to do." He gave me a wink as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to him that our bodies were touching.

"Uh huh. . ." I rolled my eyes as I pushed him away from me in a playful manor. Of course, he's still never going to change. He'll always be the same old August that I know.

We all headed back to the school and that's when I realized the day was just about over. We missed all of our other classes! Oh no, our teachers wasn't going to like that. Whoops.

Along the way back, we all began chatting up on each other's lives to know what we were missing all these years since most of our friends have been here in Ever After while a few of us left were stuck back in Wonderland.

Once inside, August soon got himself his own dormitory to share with Vic since they all decided to stay here in Ever After. I didn't know who Jinx was living with though. I didn't mind with that so it didn't bother with it.

Class was already over by the time everyone settled in and we got in trouble from the headmaster because we didn't attend any of our classes since lunch ended. Now that I mention it, what have I eaten today? I didn't remember eating much. Not even lunch I don't think ever since my food went crashing.

I was starving! Luckily, dinner would be ready in just a few more hours. I didn't know how much longer I would last without food. I needed something now to fill my needs. I guess I would just have to wait.

I was heading to my dorm when I heard someone running around with the sound of armor clanking loudly and with someone screaming "WAR!"

Startled, I walked up to the room next to mine and knocked onto the door. I didn't hear an answer so I opened it up anyways. I came eye to eye with a Chinese girl who was completely dressed in armor and was fighting a rag doll.

"DIE YOU HEATHEN!" The girl shouted. She seemed rather young with her small petite figure. Her long mid-length black hair whipped past her. She had a smirk on her face as if she was in an actual battle.

She stopped midway when she finally realized I was in her room. She turned towards me as she pointed her sword directly at me in a threatening way.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my room?" The girl said as her eyes narrowed at me as if she analyzing me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to intrude. I'm Isabella Queen. I heard something that sounded like a war was going on in your room." I said.

"Well, no. It's just me. I'm Mai, daughter of Mulan. Nice to meet you!" She grinned as she bowed before me. I didn't know what to do so I just stood there.

"You too?" I said. "Well, anyways, I'll be heading now."

"Wait!" Mai called back. "Are you any good at fighting? I need a partner to spar with."

I wasn't so sure about this action. Me? Fighting? I never actually fought before. I didn't think I would actually know how.

"I'm not so sure. . ." I said as I shook my head.

"Oh, come on! I promise I won't do too much damage to ya!" She pulled my arm roughly as she handed me a sword. How would I be able to use this weapon? "And. . . CHARGE!"

She quickly threw herself at me and I acted quickly by ducking. Whoa! That was a close hit! A stood back up and faced her. She grinned at me as she came running towards me again with a yell. My eyes widened in horror.

I began sprinting around the room trying not to get killed by the girl. I thought she was crazy! And that's saying something considering I'm from Wonderland and all. She suddenly stopped chasing me around her room and collapsed to the floor.

"Are we done?" I panted.

"Yeah, I guess so." She agreed with a nod.

"Was I any good?" I asked. She narrowed her eyes at me once again.

"Yeah, my bunny slippers just ran for cover." She glowered. I rolled my eyes as I slowly walked towards her door.

"Well, it was nice meeting you and all. Let's do this again some time!" And then I was gone. Did I mean what I said? Not a single word of it.

I looked at my mirror phone and read that it was time for dinner. I guess time flies when you're running from a crazy girl.

"What were you doing in my room?" I heard someone sneer. I looked up from my mirror phone to see Jinx staring me down. Literally, she is another three inches taller.  Another reason why people are so intimidated.

"Oh? Your room! I'm sorry. I was just talking with your roommate Mai. She's a feisty one. You might like her." I said.

"I don't like anyone except Vic," she said as she walked past me and opened the door when a sword was violently thrown at the door as it was wedged in between. "Who knows? Maybe I might've just changed my mind." She smirked as she closed the door behind her. I rolled my eyes and made my way to dinner.

Once I had gotten my food, I made my way over to a seat without getting food all over me this time. I began eating my cheeseburger in peace without anyone interrupting me. I ate in silence as no one even considered bothering me, which was what I thought was good.

That was until August sat down beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "The rose sings to the bird with its melody of sorrow." He said.

"The end of the chapter falls." I replied grumbling. He just had to ruin my last meal of the day.

"What's been happening with you, beautiful?" August grinned at me cheekily.

"Nothing much, brute." I said as I gave a fake smile. I took another bite of my cheeseburger. This was how most of our conversations went back in Wonderland. Oh how I missed it.

"So, let's get serious for a moment." Wait, what? What is he doing? This won't be good - whatever it is.

"What is it, August?" I asked.

"Is there a possible chance that we could --"

Suddenly, large hands grasped onto my shoulders tightly and I jumped in fright. I twisted my head and looked up to see Dexter.

"Dexter! Oh my! You scared me!" I gasped as I tried to regain myself.

"Sorry, I just wanted to talk to you. You busy?" He asked.

"Not at all!" I grinned. "Take a seat." I patted down on the chair beside me.

"In private." Dexter said as he bit his lip nervously.

"Oh," I said with a smile. "Sure! One second, August. You'll have to tell me later. I'll be right back." I stood up and took one last bite of my cheeseburger before I followed him out of the castle-teria. We walked a little ways down the hallway till he stopped abruptly. I stopped.

Hi! Just a reminder to don't forget to vote! Thank you for all your love and support! ❤️