Chapter 21: Tospy Turvy

Chapter 21: Topsy Turvy

Waking up was a nightmare. I stepped out of bed to get ready for the day to realize I stepped directly on carrot tops. I internally groaned as I let out a heavy sigh. Bending down to pick up the piece, I recognized that there were hundreds scattered all over the floor. Have I never noticed this before?

And there she was. Sitting on her bed, Bunny picked off the top of the carrot and discarded it by tossing it on the ground not caring at all that she was making a mess all over the floor. Where do all these carrots come from? Picking up the broom, the carrot tops swept easily from my side of the room as I swept all the stems to her side of the room.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" she asked me with a frown on her face. I didn't even want to respond. I wanted to avoid her entirely. "Do you plan on ignoring me forever?" That is my plan. She groaned. "Can you at least put it in the trash?"

"No, it's your garbage. Keep your garbage on your side." I said having enough of this already. I took the broom back to its corner and got myself ready for the day. Today felt like nothing special. I wore a simple black dress with black cuff sleeves that were puffy around the arms. It was a long dress that reached my ankles. I pulled out some black heels as I put on a little bit of makeup which was really just filling in my eyebrows and applying some mascara and a little bit of black lipstick. I looked goth. I didn't care.

"You look like death," Bunny pointed out. I didn't say anything. "Fine. Continue to ignore me. Can you at least tell me what I did to make you so upset?"

"Hmm I dunno, maybe it's the fact that you refuse to let me hang out with my best friend." I said bluntly.

"I never said that," she shook her head. I rolled my eyes. "I said I'll be spending more time with him so it'll be less time with you. Geez. Don't get everything so twisted. Is that what you told Alistair? My, he's so upset that you lied to him. You really hurt his feelings. He really doesn't want to talk to you now. Hmm, oh well. That's not my problem."

My eyebrows scrunched up at her words. Alistair's upset with me? Is this true? I had to go find him. I sprinted toward the door but a bunny popped its way before me as it turned into Bunny.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked her.

"I'm not doing anything, I'm just going to my morning classes. The real question is what do you think you're doing?" Bunny raised a brow, her head tilting to the side. "Don't even bother. He won't speak with you. You're a liar. Friends don't lie to friends."

"Out of my way, Bunny! That isn't true. You know what you said." I said frowning at her.

"Oh? Was it? Or are you just trying to twist things again like the manipulator you are?" I gasped at her words.

"I am not — how dare you!" I shouted at her. I pushed her aside, running out of the room before sprinting down the halls and down the billions of stairs completely out of breath to find my best friend to explain what's happening. Going down the steps three at a time, I spared no time to stop or slow down until I could find Alistair in my first period class.

"Geez, slow down!" I heard a random person say as I flew past them on the staircase paying them no mind. However I saw a student casually walking across the end of the staircase but it was too late for me to stop myself as we literally crashed together. Books and pages flew everywhere as I fell directly on the person. I opened my eyes to see blond hair and gorgeous blue eyes.

"Uh usually I do the saving, not the other way around. Where's the danger?" The boy said as he looked around confused. He sat up with me on top of him. I fixed my composure as I helped the guy pick up his belongings.