Chapter 2: The Story

As the months would go by, I was still living my life by hardly being around my friends at all because of my curfews. But of course, like always, I didn't listen to the rules.

Over time since I was young, I became pretty stealthy during the nights and early mornings to not get caught. And I wouldn't. I never got caught in the castle. It's what's outside the castle that gets me caught by those ridiculous red card's of the Red Queen.

Yeah, so I was a bit of a trouble maker. Okay, scratch that. Major trouble maker is more accurate. So what? I didn't think it was a problem, it was only like that to the Queen that didn't agree. She wasn't exactly the most favorable person, except to her daughter, Lizzie Hearts.

Now Lizzie was one of my best friends forever after, despite of our story line and destiny. We always had a fun time playing with each other when we were children. I wouldn't recall that she would possibly forget about us.

Now Maddie and Kitty. . . They were a little off in their own world, but they were still nice. We weren't exactly the best of friends, but in Wonderland, we all were still pretty close. The one thing we did have in common besides being from Wonderland was that we could hear the narrators. It was a little sketchy because no one else believed us but each other. At first, we all thought that we were playing each other to joke about it. But we then came to realization that it was rather serious. . . In a way.

Yet, I still remember the day of when everything was falling apart just like it was yesterday. . .

FLASHBACK

I was at Cards Castle playing croquet with Lizzie in the afternoon and like always, she had won the match. It was her favorite game and we would often play it along with mine, which was chess.

"You won," I sighed giving a weak smile and a bit of an eye roll. I didn't mind it when she won. In fact, it pleased me to see her so happy about it. We were both very good at this game, but I was better at chess. It's self explanatory sense I am the daughter of the game itself.

I was completely oblivious to what was going on around me as I didn't really bother with such. I had left after the game to walk back to my castle in the rooks, which was a bit of a long distance away. I didn't mind it much as I would stop to chat with the flowers or even loss track of time by wondering about when those devious twins would poke out soon. You know, Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

The only reason why I called them devious was because every time I would accidentally run into them, they would practically force me to listen to one of their stories. I never really had time to do so as I had more important things to do.

Luckily, I had not seen them at all today, which was what I thought would be a good sign. I walked straight into my home, and I had stopped in my tracks when I first entered through the large heavy doors to our home.

There was complete silence through the house and everything seemed trashed, which was definitely out of the ordinary. My mother lover to keep things tidied up usually. Where were the maids and why haven't they done their job? But then I heard a thumping noise coming from the stairs. "We're late!" I heard in a frantic voice. It was Madeline's father, The Mad Hatter.

"I can't believe you have not told me sooner!" That was my mother's voice. They were speeding down the stairs in a hurry. I was confused to what was going on in front of me.

"The teacup and crown hunts for the feather," I said in riddlish as I cleared my throat. In English, I was asking why they were rushing. They had noticed my presence but continued to hurry with their fast pace to reach for the door.

"For the blooming flower beckons, the thorns are pricked." Basically, what my mother was saying, was that I should stop asking stupid questions to slow her down, and had no further confirmation on that. I was confused. I didn't know what to do, and so it didn't seem rather important so I had let it slide.

I didn't understand why she was in a hurry with the Mad Hatter. Were they late for something important? Usually it's the White Rabbit that's usually late. I didn't focus on that as I just walked away and headed up the stairs towards my room.

As I walked, I realized that the walls had cracks all through them and the portraits on the walls had fell and were shattered. There was huge cracks that you could practically see right through the stone all the way to another room. It was scaring me as I walked further up the stairs. And that's when I saw something horrible.

Black soot had blackened the large halls and everything was tattered and torn. The wallpaper was shredded as if a jabberwocky had came through and rampaged.

Frightened, I had backed up quickly only to realize my mistake. I had tripped over the steps and began falling down the stairs, my head hitting every step on the way down. I winced when I finally landed firmly on the floor.

I got back up and stood on my feet as I rubbed the back of my head to comfort the throbbing pain. I opened up the large heavy doors and ran. I stumbled on my feet as I made my way outside. I began running towards the Red Castle knowing that there was something that had gone terribly wrong. I knew I had to find Lizzie.

I started panting because I was running really fast, and the heels that I was wearing wasn't really helping the situation. So, I took them off and held them as I continued to run. Once I finally made it to the castle, I looked back up to where my home is. Only then, I saw a green swirly thing in the air that hovered over my castle. The green thing sucked it right in.

I gasped, traumatized as to what had became of my home. I ran inside where I immediately saw Alistair Wonderland, Bunny Blanc, and the Red Queen of Hearts with her deck of red cards. They were all about to leave the castle as well except the Red Queen wanted to stay.

"Alistair!" I called out. He turned around and when he saw me, his face brightened into a smile of relief. I ran up to him as fast as I could and I pulled myself into him. "What's going on to Wonderland?!"

"The Evil Queen! She's trying to take over our land so she cursed Wonderland! That means we have to get out of here!" Alistair explained. I gasped when I realized that that was the reason that my mother left. But, why didn't she warn me? Why didn't she come to take me with her?

"What about the others? Our friends?" I asked in worry.

"We lost them somehow, but I'm sure they're there now." Alistair said.

"Alistair, we have to go!" Bunny shouted and we all took off towards the rabbit hole. Along the way, Alistair informed me on the details of what we were doing and how we were getting out of here.

"Wait, Lizzie!" I shouted as I tried to run back to the castle. "Her mother must be keeping her in there!" Alistair only pulled me away from the castle.

"I'm pretty sure Kitty got her!" Bunny said as we all took off once again. We ran to the portal and I was losing my breath by the second. I've been running for too long. And it was hurting to run barefoot through all these rocks and twigs. I tripped over a branch that happened to jump over my foot and pull me down. I winced but Alistair pulled me back up on my feet.

When I looked up, it was too late. The portal closed before Bunny could even reach to it. We ran over to it and Bunny tried to crawl through the hole, only finding out that it didn't lead to Ever After.

"No, it can't be." Bunny frowned with a shake of her head, not wanting to accept the fact we wouldn't be able to cross.

I collapsed to the ground as I let out an exasperated sigh. "We're stuck here. . . Forever." I muttered. We tried to find every way possible to find a portal, but they were all closed off and we knew that we had to stop looking eventually.

We knew that we would be stuck here unless someone from the other side would let us through, but it wouldn't be possible. After all, we've been stuck here for several years since then. It was a traumatic experience, but we knew we had to get over it.

After all, why would anyone want to save a few measly kids? That's right, no one.

Hi! Just a reminder to don't forget to vote! Thank you for all your love and support! ❤️