Chapter 18: Follow Your Heart

I didn't even want to go to my class. I just wanted to avoid everyone and everything around me. There was nothing good for me going here. Wonderland wouldn't treat me like this. Sure there'd be times of being locked in a dungeon, but at least I knew it was better than being neglected and hated by friends ie Bunny Blanc. Another reason to not understand why she was treating me in such a way. Sure, I haven't said the nicest of things to her last night, but what she said was a lot worse. Maybe she only retaliated because of what I said, but it felt much deeper than that like she had a lot on her mind that she wanted to get off her chest for a long while. How come I never knew she'd be this. . . what's the word? Repulsive? Frustrating? I couldn't think of it.

I didn't even want to go to my first class of the day. I knew it was with Alistair but Bunny just rubbed me the wrong way last night that just makes me want to avoid him. I didn't want to. Maybe if I just told him what's happening he'll understand and try to solve this problem. He's pretty good at that.

I felt a little better knowing I'd have him to help back me up. I grinned to myself, turning to my mirror to pump myself up. My eyes met my reflection and I frowned. Maybe this dress was a bad choice? Do I really look like a disco ball? Am I that ugly? Am I fat? I hardly eat anyways. . . Am I too skinny?

I sighed, knowing I couldn't dwell on my insecurities any longer. I could do that on the way to class so I wouldn't be late.

Reaching my first class, I went to the back to take a seat next to Alistair and Raven. He gave me a smile and a wave as I returned with a wave back. Raven was reading some kind of note that looked like a poem. Sitting down I immediately began putting my books on the table and stacking them together neatly.

"How was your date last night?" I asked him while taking out a pencil.

"It was fun," he said simply. "I wish you could've been there."

"Huh?"

"I-I mean to join in on the fun. Well, the movie wasn't. You know I don't like romance. But you should've seen Bunny! She was so into it." Alistair said with a smile. "We went for a walk too. Yet it was a bit cold to my liking. I dunno, Bunny seemed to enjoy herself."

"I heard you both kissed," I mentioned. His eyebrows raised with a blush to his cheeks as he turned away nervously. "How was it?"

"I-I. . . It was nice." He looked away a bit sad. I raised an eyebrow confused.

"What's the matter? Did she bite you or something?" I asked with a smirk.

"Heh not exactly. I-I don't want to talk about it." He said gloomily, crossing his arms over his chest and staring at the teacher who finally came in. My guess was that it had to do with saying my name by the end of it. I didn't ask him about it. "What did you do last night?"

"I played a couple rounds of chess. It calms me down." I said giving a small smile.

"Which reminds me. I'm starting a chess club. You want to join?" He asked me.

"Hex yeah I do! That shouldn't even be a question but thanks for asking." I said with a little laugh. He chuckled at my response.

"So I'll be holding a meeting after classes. You want to come?" Alistair asked me. I nodded as the teacher began to start the lesson.

I couldn't even focus much on the lecture. I kept thinking about the chess meeting. I was so hexcited. I couldn't wait to play. It's been a while since we last played together. Just watching his quizzical face focusing so hard to figure out his next move, I was already two steps ahead. Sure, it was always fun to watch him struggle to finally come on top. He's my favorite person to challenge. The game could last for hours. That's how I preferred it.